We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Land dispute at Friday's Resort

Which Boracay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Land dispute at Friday's Resort

Anyone have any news on the land dispute at Friday's Resort? I am having my vow renewal ceremony there on Saturday and the pictures that have I have seen of the barricade concerns me.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Land dispute at Friday's Resort

I just had my wedding there last Saturday. It was beautiful with the help of their wedding sales manager Erika Faustino. The manager told me that Fridays won their court case and that the hotel should be back to normal after next week . I didn't really notice that many security guards or police patrolling the area . Just the aluminum fences which blocked off half the resort. Overall we just made the most of everything. We had a minor scare in which our 5 year old son went missing . The staff went out of their way to help find our son who ended up in my parents room all the way at the top of the resort. Thank God! Overall we had a nice stay.

Edited: 9:42 am, March 10, 2014
Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
16,505 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Land dispute at Friday's Resort

That's good news. Congratulations and best wishes to you!

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,123 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Land dispute at Friday's Resort

court cases, go thru appeal, can take years. Lets hope not.

Sydney, Australia
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: Land dispute at Friday's Resort

Thanks Kegler. We might just go with Asya on that note :)

A friend of mine said the sand in Station 3 is coarse and that there are lots of bancas in Station 3. Did you notice this at Asya or is the beach there just as beautiful as Station 1?

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
22,124 posts
1,505 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Land dispute at Friday's Resort

IMO..I find the beach at Station 1 much nicer. Just remember that where ever you stay you can use the beach anywhere at Boracay.

Enjoy!

Tommo

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
16,505 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Land dispute at Friday's Resort

@ VieveWats0n: Like Tommo my favorite area to swim is at Station 1

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,123 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Land dispute at Friday's Resort

beach in station 3 is fine, more banca boats, but they are way out. Adds to the charm if you ask me. On average, more broken glass in station 1 strip of beach, buts its nice there as well.

Boracay, Philippines
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: Land dispute at Friday's Resort

Asya is on the southern end of Station 3 and is secluded. Don't worry about bancas because they don't reach that far. And yes, the sand is coarse but you will have a very private wedding here.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,123 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Land dispute at Friday's Resort

can someone tell me where the coarse sand is at station 3, yes, some is, but the whole area is NOT...so exactly where is it please so I know where to avoid next time, ahh tomorrow...

Sydney, Australia
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
20. Re: Land dispute at Friday's Resort

Thanks guys! We've decided privacy is more important to us than the fineness of sand :)