We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

December 2014 holiday - is Boracay for us?

phoenix
Level Contributor
58 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
December 2014 holiday - is Boracay for us?

Just got our airline tickets to Manila, arriving 6 Dec. from Los Angles via Guangzhou.

We are undecided as to go onto Boracay, or [insert here] some other beach/resort-like area of the Philippines.

For comparison, we went to Phan Thiet/ Mui Ne Vietnam in 2010 and loved the relatively quiet streets, lined with local restaurants/shops. The price of everything (cheap) was also great.

After reading about Boracay, it sounds like it's getting quite developed and can be extremely crowded; is this true?

If so, could anyone recommend a different island get-away in the Philippines?

So excited, thanks!

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,730 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: December 2014 holiday - is Boracay for us?

Should be ok if there is no massive traffic jam and you can clear immigration and customs fast enough.

Vancouver, Wn.
Level Contributor
427 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: December 2014 holiday - is Boracay for us?

I last visited Boracay May of last year during a busy tourist period when school is not is session. While the beach walkway was extremely crowded at night, during the day it did not seem that bad. The beach is extremely long so never felt crowded to me. December I would not think would have anywhere near the number of people as May would as this is typhoon season and school is in session.

Have had two trips to Bohol and another coming up in 2014. Really enjoy it here too as not only the beach but several country tours available for a change of pace.

All in all I preferr Boracay but this is a matter where one has to make up ones own mind after experiencing both.

13. Re: December 2014 holiday - is Boracay for us?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:23 am, February 28, 2015