We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel logistics help please

London
Level Contributor
38 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Travel logistics help please

Hello good people of Philippines forum :)

My husband and I will be flying to the Philippines via Singapore and back at the end of March. We have already bought our plane tickets flying in to Singapore and out from Singapore at a 3 week interval.

Within this 3 weeks we have planned (planned is an overstatement at this stage I'm afraid)

- 1 week (more or less) in Boracay

- 1 week (more or less, depending on how Boracay goes) in El Nido

- 5 days in Singapore

On the day we land in Singapore (16:45) there is no connection to Kalibo airport which means we will have to fly Manila in the same evening (there is a flight either at 17:40 which might be too tight or another one around 8PM). The way things stand at the moment, it seems we will probably have to spend the night in Manila and then take the first morning flight to Caticlan and contact Southwest Tours for transfers.

Even though ideally we wanted to fly straight to Boracay and avoid wasting time in Manila, we have no other option as we arrive on a Wednesday and the next flight Changi - Kalibo is on Friday.

Unless there are other companies flying the same route apart from Tigerair?

The problem we have at the moment is travelling between Boracay and El Nido. I have just spent the day reading about it and my heads literally hurts. It takes so much time and looks so complicated I feel like giving up.

We really want to visit El Nido and was wondering whether there was a quick way getting there?! Or even better, what is the quickest way to get there?

Are there any direct flights from Manila to El Nido? I did stumble upon a blog mentioning ITI airlines (?!). Can't find any sort of information on their website re availability and more importantly - price. Otherwise, what options do we have? Fly Kalibo - Cebu - Puerto Princesa- then van ride?

I would really appreciate your input on this as we, like everyone else, would like to make the most of our holiday and not waste unnecessary time on the roads/planes.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel logistics help please

Tiger is the only airline that flies SG-KLO direct at the moment.

Since you land in SG at 1645 hrs, I suggest you take the 0040hrs flight to Manila with Cebu Pacific. Changi Airport may not be the best airport but it should make your stay in the airport comfortable enough.

Another reason is that you cannot guarantee that your flight into SG will be in time. So try to reduce the risk.

You will reach MNL around 0400hrs and take the 0700hrs or 0800hrs flight to Caticlan. If all work out, you will be in White Beach by 0930hrs.

There are direct flights from MNL to El Nido but it cost a bomb. Contact Art Cafe for reservations.

http://elnidoboutiqueandartcafe.com/

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,688 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel logistics help please

Other than getting a charter flight, you would either have to fly to Manila or Cebu from Caticlan or Kalibo and then onto Puerto Princesa by plane and El Nido by the road.

Another option would be to travel south across Panay Island to Iloilo City and catch a plane to Puerto Princesa, but this would require two long road journeys to get to El Nido.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
17,822 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel logistics help please

The quickest and easiest route from Boracay to El Nido is a flight with a stopover in Manila. ITI is the only airline flying direct to El Nido while the party island of Boracay has a few dozen daily flights via Kalibo and Caticlan. I would go to El Nido first as it would be easier to catch another flight to Boracay rather than catching an El Nido flight.

London
Level Contributor
38 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel logistics help please

Thanks a lot for your replies, much appreciated!

Can anyone please let us know if there is a smarter way of doing this?

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit…

Basically, we only got tickets to Singapore and back. That's sorted.

What we really want is to visit both El Nido and Boracay AND make as little as possible trips - and the fact that we don't really have links from Puerto Princesa (El Nido) back to Singapore without going through Manila is extremely frustrating!

Is there a better way to organise it?! We have been checking plane routes for the past 4 hours, have drawn graphs on the paper and we still can't decide.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
17,822 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel logistics help please

What do you plan to do in Cebu? There are direct flights from Singapore to Kalibo (Boracay) and Cebu. I suggest you do:

Singapore-Kalibo (Tigerair)

Kalibo-Cebu (Cebu Pacific)

Cebu-Puerto Princesa (Cebu Pacific)

From Puerto Princesa you could either go to MANILA or CEBU for your flight back to Singapore (Singapore Airlines, Philippine Airlines, Cebu Pacific, Silkair, Tigerair and Jetstar) or much better from El Nido you take an ITI flight to Manila then Singapore.

Edited: 9:11 pm, February 25, 2014
Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
2,659 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel logistics help please

To be honest, there isn't an 'easy' way between Boracay and El Nido, whichever way you choose will take the best part of a whole day. You could do the itinerary in reverse...fly ITI to El Nido as soon as you arrive, then to Caticlan (via either Manila or Cebu) and then back to Singapore from Kalibo (if the days work out properly).

Just remember if you are flying ITI, not only is it expensive but they are VERY strict on luggage allowance, so you should bear this in mind.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel logistics help please

As a matter of fact, travelling within Philippines is not easy as it is a big archipelago.

You really need to have patience.

London
Level Contributor
38 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travel logistics help please

Kegler, thank you for that. Unfortunately we will arrive in Singapore on the 26th March. The next Kalibo flight is on the 28th March. It makes no sense to wait for that as we already have allocated Singapore time at the end of our holiday.

We don't want to go to either Manila or Cebu, but we have to.

So we either fly:

Singapore - Manila or Cebu

Manila or Cebu - PP and then PP to El Nido by road (we have considered ITI but they are a bit expensive compared to other options. For example Manila to PP is less than £30 whereas Manila to El Nido with ITI is £95). And to be honest it's not the van ride that troubles us, it's the fact that there are no direct connections between Boracay and Palawan.

PP - Cebu

Cebu - Caticlan

Kalibo - Singapore (flight a day earlier than planned and a total eye sore at £115 :( )

So we could get away with 5 flights in total if we are lucky?!

Question, if you wouldn't mind: is there a night ferry between any of these (not between Singapore and Philippines, obviously :) - I mean internally )

And another one (sorry :) ): does Tigerair do multicity? Can't find that facility on their website, so probably not :~

Thanks a lot guys!

Edited: 5:32 am, February 26, 2014
9. Re: Travel logistics help please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:24 am, February 28, 2015