We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best thing to do for solo female traveller in Borcay?

Which Boracay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hong Kong SAR
Level Contributor
63 posts
130 reviews
Save Topic
Best thing to do for solo female traveller in Borcay?

Good morning,everyone!

Borcay has beautiful beaches and sea, but just wondering if it is good for solo female traveller?

Coz it looks like a place for couples, for romantic experience.

Is it any activities for solo traveller to have fun, to meet new friends?

I love nature and outdoor activities,any tours could recommend?

I'm planning to go there either on 27 Feb - 3 Mar or during Easter Holidays (18-21 April).

Which period will be better for travel?

Also,I'm thinking to do a stop-over and look around Manila before heading to Borcay. Will it be good to spend 2 days in Manila and 2 days in Borcay?

Thanks a lot!

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
10,768 posts
1,974 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best thing to do for solo female traveller in Borcay?

Try to spend three nights on Boracay and just a night in Manila.

www.asiatravel.com has some excellent prices including mystery 'Crazy Rates.'

This pub crawl is by all accounts very well run and has become extremely popular:

tripadvisor.com.au/…REVIEWS

I would travel at the end of February 2014 as Holy Week (Easter) attracts masses of Filipinos (not that late February won't be busy, but it may be a little less busy). The weather in late February and early March can often be sensational: very warm to hot days with little if any rain. No guarantees, of course.

If you wish to save on airfares, catch a bus from Pasay to Batangas then the generally six night a week 2 Go ferry from Batangas to Caticlan: http://travel.2go.com.ph/

Returning from Boracay, airfares are often cheaper ex Kalibo as the Caticlan route has more foreigners with the airlines regarding passengers returning from Boracay to Manila a 'captive market.' Caticlan to Kalibo is 60 kilometres or one and a half hours. Southwest Tours is a reliable coach operator that connects Caticlan with Kalibo International Airport.

Edited: 1:06 am, February 09, 2014
Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
16,833 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best thing to do for solo female traveller in Borcay?

You will meet many solo travelers in Boracay just like when I did it myself a few years ago specially when you stay in the Station 3 area which many backpackers are.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,729 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best thing to do for solo female traveller in Borcay?

It is Boracay and not Borcay.

Just don't get drunk. :)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
181 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best thing to do for solo female traveller in Borcay?

Just go to Boracay .Manila is just another busy city pollution traffic noise.I would try and get to the closest airport Caticlan rather than Kalibo.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
565 posts
351 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best thing to do for solo female traveller in Borcay?

14th Feb 2014: Boracay beaches are quite unlike the rough and rowdy Phuket, Pattaya and Bali beaches. I could not spot a girlie bar, nude dancing or karaoke bar anyway along the beach front properties. I think you will be able to meat healthy young males who are just there for an enjoyable holiday and also out to meet nice HK girls like you. I saw many healthy males there. It is safe, fun, enjoyable and get a good tan with the sunshine there. Join tours, especially to Ariel's point to meet other individuals.

Kuala Lumpur...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Best thing to do for solo female traveller in Borcay?

hai,

we are going there on Apr 18-21. this is our 1st time in boracay. u r welcome to join us. our group is 4 guys & 2 girls.

7. Re: Best thing to do for solo female traveller in Borcay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:14 am, November 27, 2014
Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,256 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best thing to do for solo female traveller in Borcay?

avoid Easter crowds and price increases for sure. I AM often on the island and my preference is to so nothing and wait for the action to find me. Hope my husband is not reading this :-)

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,729 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best thing to do for solo female traveller in Borcay?

Action to find you?

Should we or do we need to read between the lines? :p

Wahahahha!!!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
565 posts
351 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best thing to do for solo female traveller in Borcay?

Hey folks, no courting chatter on Forum or else you'll be kicked out of it. Just meet on the beach in front of D'mall OK. If you need a more specific meeting place, sit at Jammer coffee shop for coffee and cakes. Enjoy.