We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is this turnaround too tight?

Melbourne
Level Contributor
228 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Is this turnaround too tight?

Hi, we arrive at Manila Airport at 1610 (via Melbourne, Australia).

There is a domestic flight from Manila at 1820 which arrives at to Kalibo at 1920.

Would it be possible to get a bus to the Caticlan jetty and across on the last boat at 10?

Is this too risky? Or quite doable?

Cheers.

Puerto Galera...
Level Contributor
3,448 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is this turnaround too tight?

I assume you are arriving terminal one NAIA and your fight is on time and there guy with the lighted batons in his hand isn't on his tea break -It usually takes about 45 mins from when you exit the plane and assume you are travelling business class or sitting in the row closest to the door - give or take 15 mins, and then about 15 mins by taxi to the domestic terminal but it is the rush hour so could be 45 mins..............do I need to go any further

Melbourne
Level Contributor
228 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is this turnaround too tight?

Oh wow - is international and domestic two separate buildings? Didn't realise that! Looks like its the flight the next day. Thanks for the quick response :)

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,730 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is this turnaround too tight?

Your chances of making for your domestic flight is less than 50%.

Choose a later flight to Kalibo will be my advice.

Else stay overnight in Manila.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
553 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is this turnaround too tight?

When I am staying just overnight to catch a flight in the morning, I stay at the Manila Airport hotel. Not fancy but clean and close, very close.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,347 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is this turnaround too tight?

you cant make the first connection to Kalibo if any hiccup along the way.

If you did get to Kalibo and landed on time, you can get all the way to Boracay, with suggested arranged transfers.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
17,122 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is this turnaround too tight?

For me arriving in Boracay (or any other destination) at 10pm would not be worth it as for sure I will be so tired after a long haul flight then another domestic flight then a 2-hour bus ride then a boat ride then another van/tricycle ride to my hotel. Stay the night in Manila and take a morning flight/afternoon flight to Kalibo or Caticlan.

Ebbw Vale, United...
Destination Expert
for Santa Eulalia del Rio, Ibiza
Level Contributor
2,113 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is this turnaround too tight?

We had the same dilemma. Our flight from London is due in at 15:45 but looking at the actual landing times over the past few weeks it’s always late, some times by over an hour. We’ve booked the Sofitel for a night and plan to cross the following morning on the 11:10 flight.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
17,122 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is this turnaround too tight?

That's a very wise thing to do. After a long haul flight and passing many time zones the last thing that you want to do is to have another flight then a 2-hr. van/bus trip then a boat trip.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
10,887 posts
1,992 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is this turnaround too tight?

Please tell us which airline you are arriving and then departing on into and out of Manila.

I would visit the excellent www.asiatravel.com and book an hotel room in Makati, Malate or Ermita for the night.

The asiatravel site has mystery 'Crazy Rates' such as for Midas Hotel in Roxas (row-hass) Boulevard in Pasay City opposite Manila Bay. Read my recent review on TA. Here is the asiatravel link:

book.asiatravel.com/hotel.aspx…

Melbourne
Level Contributor
228 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is this turnaround too tight?

Thanks to all for your advice. We will spend the night in Manila and head to boracay the following day.

We are flying from melbourne to Manila with Philippines airlines. We will probably fly from Manila to kalibo with air Asia zest.

Another question, after our stay in boracay, we plan to fly to Cebu. Can we get to kalibo airport from boracay for a 12noon flight? We would need to leave boracay around 8am, is this right?(1hr before checkin, 2hr drive, 1hr to organise boat ride etc)