We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

It's confirmed - Arriving in Boracay in December 2013

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
194 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
It's confirmed - Arriving in Boracay in December 2013

After having been shamed by bros here from Toronto and Oslo and where-not, I've finally planned my trip for Boracay in mid-December. The hotel is already booked for 6 nights (couldn't get a 7th...hmmph!!) The flight from Cebu to Caticlan isn't booked yet but Sing-Cebu already is. Likely on Cebu Pacific as it is considerably cheaper than Phil Air and timing is better.

No questions yet as I'm still reading up the FAQs to avoid a blasting. But just wanted to share my excitement over this long awaited trip...:)

Cheers!!

Mentioned in this post
Toronto
Toronto
Ontario, Canada
Oslo
Oslo
Eastern Norway, Norway
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,182 posts
2,163 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: It's confirmed - Arriving in Boracay in December 2013

There are no guarantees but the chance of good weather in mid to late December in Visayas is high.

Edited: 12:09 am, August 31, 2013
Mentioned in this post
Visayas
Visayas
Philippines
Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,628 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: It's confirmed - Arriving in Boracay in December 2013

no one can predict, but hey, your on Boracay so enjoy.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
19,332 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: It's confirmed - Arriving in Boracay in December 2013

I would consider myself extremely unlucky if it rained all day in Boracay in December. It's a very good move to read the FAQs here in TA and also the past 100 threads so just to get you more excited. If you have other questions not answered by reading those threads feel free to ask here, I love answering questions from well-researched and in-the-know people because it's challenging and not boring.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
689 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: It's confirmed - Arriving in Boracay in December 2013

You're halfway there. Have you checked Sin-Kalibo instead of Sin-Cebu? You will have one less flight segment with 2 hour bus ride (tourist bus or van). If you can't book Ceb-Mph (Caticlan) you can always fly Ceb-Kalibo (bigger airport). As for the weather, mmm....no guarantee likely more sunny days than not but you're in the PH where everything is more fun esp on Boracay :-)

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
194 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: It's confirmed - Arriving in Boracay in December 2013

I've already bought tickets for Sin-Cebu on Silkair. Will do an overnight at Cebu before flying Cebu-Caticlan. We'll a few days in Cebu on the return journey before flying home.

As for weather, given that December is peak season, surely it cant be that bad? (That said, we often read about typhoons and ferry sinking in the Philippines during December...)

Edited: 12:31 am, September 01, 2013
Mentioned in this post
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
194 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: It's confirmed - Arriving in Boracay in December 2013

I've finally bought the Cebu - Caticlan tickets from Cebu Pacific. So, its all confirmed now :)

But one worry: My return flight from Caticlan leaves at 12:20. Will I have any problem getting to the airport on time? What time to leave the hotel - Boracay Mandarin? Can weather pose a problem?

Any advice?

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,628 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: It's confirmed - Arriving in Boracay in December 2013

you can get to the airport no problem. Last December we enjoyed more than average precipitation, but one never knows I expect sunny days this December.

Just for info, one of Boracays worst typhoons was in December about 9 years ago, but again expect SUNNY weather.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
2,195 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: It's confirmed - Arriving in Boracay in December 2013

We went to Boracay in the June for a week and for half of the time it was sunny and the rest was a mixture of sun, cloud and showers - and that was the rainy season unlike December.

Enjoy your trip.

Boracay Island
Level Contributor
1,900 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: It's confirmed - Arriving in Boracay in December 2013

You have no problem to get your flight from Caticlan at 12.20. Mandarin can provide your transport: they have cars and their own boat. Caticlan airport is less than an hour away from Mandarin Hotel, meaning you do not have to leave the hotel before 10:30 or 10 AM. This is in bad weather and good weather.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
194 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: It's confirmed - Arriving in Boracay in December 2013

Thanks Davi-Boy, but Mandarin transfer rates seem pretty steep: One-way P625 (child P300) and Return P1200 (child P450). For a family of 5 that's about P3000. From what I've been reading in the forum there ought to be cheaper alternatives, right?