We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

accommodation

Which Boracay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Topic
accommodation

Hi heading to boracay september two adults and 17 year old girl and like the look of red coconut

on the beach with views but a bit pricy any other options near by. First timers wife likes to shop lots Is it in the right location and is nine days to long in one spot

THANKS

PUG

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
22,913 posts
1,622 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: accommodation

Red Coconut gets great reviews but its in Station 2 which is a more noisy and busy are. Red Coconut is near DMall

Station1 moreupmarket and Station 3 more budget friendly are the more quieter options. It really depends on what you are looking for. What is your budget as we dont know what is too pricey for you.

Tommo

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: accommodation

Hi tommo

Not shaw on how much. Thailand hotel $ 80 buck is reasonable it just seems $180 is the same standard here

My wife likes to shop thats why station 2 I suppose , noise a few beers should fix, just dont want have to walk a long way to food, shops & a bit of action no real idea of how big or small this place is.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
22,913 posts
1,622 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: accommodation

Boracay is not a real great place for shopping. At Red Coconut you will be close to DMall which has shops.

You wont get hungry as restos are scattered all along the beach from Station 1-3.

So without a budget its really hard to recommend a hotel. Have a look at a lot of the prior threads on accomodation by using the search function.

Budget hotel suggestions are listed under FAQs to the right.

Tommo

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: accommodation

We are big fans of thailand and visit every year but this year decided to have a change and chose Boracay and we absolutely loved it, there's restaurants and bars with live bands everywhere and although Thailand is better for shopping and culture Boracay is better for a beach holiday, the road that runs along the island is a sand road so you only need flip flops so tell your wife to leave the heels at home.

Cubao, Quezon City...
9 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: accommodation

Hi tommo

real maris resort, hey jude hotel, patio pacific ranges from us$100 - us$150 per pax for 3days 2nights already

the differnciate of that is the hotel type that they will aquire to you those resorts along station 1 and 2

but if you wanted a real budgeted hotel try la carmella their rates ranges from us$90- us$120 per pax,

all of those resorts had their different inclusions and amenities

Boracay Island
Level Contributor
1,900 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: accommodation

Stay with Red Coconut Hotel - it has a nice beach and near to all points of interests. Real Maris is overpriced for what it delivers and the beach is not as nice as Red Coconut. Hey Jude Hotel is in the middle of the D'Mall and has no beach access. La Carmella is overpriced and full of low budget people, often very noisy and also the beach is not really nice.

Patio Pacific is ok, but has no beach.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,318 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: accommodation

>>>, the road that runs along the island is a sand road so you only need flip flops so tell your wife to leave the heels at home.<<<<

What road is that? The road around the island is paved. There is a beach path that is sand, but does not qualify as a road.

Take a look at Nigi Nigi 2.

>>>la carmella their rates ranges from us$90- us$120 per pax,<<<

This is not accurate, they are much cheaper and its is not PER pax.

Edited: 7:21 am, July 06, 2013
Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
16,992 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: accommodation

I would recommend Red Coconut to anyone (used to be my favorite hotel in the island). I had the chance to stay there more than 6x in the past 3 years and I haven't experience waking up because of noises outside my hotel room. For me being near D'mall and Station 2 is an advantage rather than a nuisance.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,318 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: accommodation

Keg USED TO BE, meaning you have a new stay place there, may I ask which one you like now?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: accommodation

Like to thank very much all the feed back .I think maybe red coconut to get a good look at whats happening

first trip.dont want be in the wrong place like have to travel all the time.Is nine day to long in one place.