We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Exchange rate

Which Boracay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Klang
Level Contributor
17 posts
6 reviews
Exchange rate

Was wondering is it hard to change ringgit Malaysia to peso in boracay? Or I should change USD to peso?

Boracay Island...
Level Contributor
1,137 posts
1 review
1. Re: Exchange rate

It's probably possible to change ringgit to peso in some places in Boracay. It's probably not possible to do this everywhere, and you might take more of a hit on the locally available exchange rate for the ringgit-peso than you would on the usd-peso exchange.

For general reference, see http://www.oanda.com/currency/converter/

That web page currently shows 40.5767php per usd

and 13.0943 php per myr

I cannot speak from recent experience, but I would expect locally available exchange rates on Boracay to be a bit lower than rates seen on Oanda.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
14,177 posts
144 reviews
2. Re: Exchange rate

Tourist Center on Boracay, which usually has the lowest rates pegs the ringgit Malaysia for xchange at 8.

Places on the beach have it for around 11.

This may not be easy to exchange everywhere so competitive rates may not be prevalent.

Bill by the way, USD rate on the beach places today hovers at 40.20, tourist center is 39.

Western Union exchange rates if you send money to yourself are higher into pesos, but there are fees. Manila rates are higher for both currencies as compared to Boracay.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
15,477 posts
233 reviews
3. Re: Exchange rate

I suggest you change your MYR into either SGD or USD before coming to the Philippines.

Edited: 2:42 am, March 04, 2013
Klang
Level Contributor
17 posts
6 reviews
4. Re: Exchange rate

Usd40 to peso 2000?

Klang
Level Contributor
17 posts
6 reviews
5. Re: Exchange rate

Usd40 to peso 2000? I will have a four wait before my flight to kalibo was wondering is the rate in Clark airport higher?

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
15,477 posts
233 reviews
6. Re: Exchange rate

Where did you get that rate? In Manila USD40 is Php1600. The rates at Clark Airport and in Boracay are the same... they are both unfavorable.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
14,177 posts
144 reviews
7. Re: Exchange rate

I gave you the USD rate today or yesterday on Boracay. If you can get better than that go for it

8. Re: Exchange rate

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, March 06, 2014