We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is La Carmela De Boracay a good place to stay?

Philippines
1 post
Save Topic
Is La Carmela De Boracay a good place to stay?

Hi...We're going to Boracay hopefully on June 2. It would be our first time to go there. I just want to ask:

1.) Is La Carmela de Boracay a good place to stay?

2.) Is June (1st-2nd week) still a peak season?

3.) How much travel time does it take to go from Caticlan airport to Station 2 beachfront?

Hope someone can help us out here. Thanks!

- mai

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is La Carmela De Boracay a good place to stay?

It's an OK midrange place, concrete, not much character. I'm not really keen on the location myself - the beach isn't at it's best outside, and there are lots of vendors around that area.

June isn't usually considered peak season. You should be getting a discounted rate.

La Carmela is actually closer to boat station 3 than 2. In June the boats will normally be coming it on the eastern side of the island, not on White Beach. It takes around 20 mins to reach the island by boat, and another 20 mins/half hour to get to your hotel by tricycle.

Philippines
Level Contributor
109 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is La Carmela De Boracay a good place to stay?

I read somewhere that there is brown water coming out of the taps. There are other, nicer places for the same price.

3. Re: Is La Carmela De Boracay a good place to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:21 am, August 13, 2009