We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boracacy to kalibo airport to catch my early flight 8:30am

Which Boracay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, null...
3 posts
Boracacy to kalibo airport to catch my early flight 8:30am

Anyone hav experience before transportation from boracay to kalibo airport? How long d journey take? My flight is 8:30am early morning from kalibo bck to clark....I knw most of ppl advised to be stay at kalibo 1 night b4 the flight...bt I ady book n pay my hotel already...is there any alternatif way for me to catch my flight? First class transfer? Regard standard transfer, should I book online in advance or book once upon arrival? Which transportation provider is reliable?

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
14,117 posts
140 reviews
1. Re: Boracacy to kalibo airport to catch my early flight 8:30am

its not recommended, better to stay in Kalibo. Southwest will NOT do it and boats are not allowed to cross.

With that said, once on Boracay, you can look for a private boat to take you, good luck on that.

Edited: 7:16 am, February 23, 2013
India
Level Contributor
332 posts
42 reviews
2. Re: Boracacy to kalibo airport to catch my early flight 8:30am

I am in the same predicament as you..

Edited: 7:19 am, February 23, 2013
Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
15,302 posts
231 reviews
3. Re: Boracacy to kalibo airport to catch my early flight 8:30am

If you really want to risk it then be at the Cagban jetty terminal by 5am then hire a van to take you straight to Kalibo Airport as every minute counts.

India
Level Contributor
332 posts
42 reviews
4. Re: Boracacy to kalibo airport to catch my early flight 8:30am

A couple of months ago, southwest did confirm to me that they do a 4.30 am transfer from the hotel to KLO.......has anything changed since??

Edited: 7:35 am, February 23, 2013
Singapore, null...
3 posts
5. Re: Boracacy to kalibo airport to catch my early flight 8:30am

Ya....act I did make my enquiry to ask Myboracay.com guide...he said can done it by 1st class transfer...round trip for 2 pax will be around 5670php...that is quite expensive to me...

India
Level Contributor
332 posts
42 reviews
6. Re: Boracacy to kalibo airport to catch my early flight 8:30am

Hi Joanne, pls send southwest tours a mail...they do it for about 450 to 500 ph I think....you can google the website for southwest......and pls let us know the outcome

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
14,117 posts
140 reviews
7. Re: Boracacy to kalibo airport to catch my early flight 8:30am

incorrect, S. West will not take you for that early flight any longer. They did it then stopped. Private transfer can be had, but all you need is the boat as once in caticlan there may be vans. Its not worth it, hotel will be cheaper and less hassles. And, never forget, if weather is not good, the boat will not cross on time.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
115 posts
8. Re: Boracacy to kalibo airport to catch my early flight 8:30am

I have to fly back from Boracay to Manila and originally was going the cheaper Kalibo-Clark route.

Decided to pay the double price and go from Caticlan to Manila Airport. The extra 50 bucks to save about 4 hours in the bus was a clincher.

Depends if you have a connecting flight at Clark, though.

Boracay Island
Level Contributor
1,899 posts
9. Re: Boracacy to kalibo airport to catch my early flight 8:30am

To transfer so early morning to Kalibo is a high risk. It could work or it couldn't. And if it, for example rains, you will be hopelessly delayed.

Leave the island between 5 and 6 and catch a transport to Kalibo. In Kalibo check in the Marzon Hotel near the airport. Have a dinner at Cafe Latte next to Marzon Hotel or go downtown Kalibo (most places close in the evening).

That's what I do - stress free

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
14,117 posts
140 reviews
10. Re: Boracacy to kalibo airport to catch my early flight 8:30am

Good ideas Davi-boy and since Marzon and S. West is the same company, they will gladly drop you there if you want to go with them. Maybe you can even negotiate lower transfer rates.