We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AirPhil Express have cancelled Clark - Kalibo Route

Brisbane
Level Contributor
66 posts
1 review
Save Topic
AirPhil Express have cancelled Clark - Kalibo Route

Recieved an email today attached below. The frustrating thing is they told me one week before my flight and the best they offer is an apology for inconvenience and refund. Never mind what it might cost to now go and book on another airline on the same days. Very poor service.

Dear Sir/ Madame,

Greetings!

We regret to inform you that AirPhilExpress has ceased its operations for route Kalibo to Clark and vice versa due to operational requirements.

You may proceed to any AirPhil Express ticket offices near you to have your airfare refunded in full.

We would like to apologize for any inconvenience that this has caused you. If you need further assistance, you may call our 24hours contact centers at (02) 855-9000 for Manila/(032) 505-1616 for Cebu or you may email us at reservations@airphilexpress.com. You may also visit any of our ticket offices for immediate help.

We hope to see you again in one of your future flights with us.

Sincerely yours,

Airphil Express Reservations

//re

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
12 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: AirPhil Express have cancelled Clark - Kalibo Route

Airphil Express rearranges Manila to HK for me with no extra charge...

however,

Airphil Express insists me to pay the P1620 Travel Tax!

I am a Hong Kong citizen holding Hong Kong Passport, I supposed don't have to pay for the travel tax right?

This is the reply from Airphil Express: Please be advised that we do not collect Travel Tax for bookings purchased in our website. However, The Travel Tax is being collected, for an online booking, if there is a need to reissue the ticket. (ie. Reissuance due to Changes in flight schedule.)

WHAT'S WRONG???? DO I NEED TO PAY?????

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
17,822 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: AirPhil Express have cancelled Clark - Kalibo Route

Stay calm, that is a generic email and it is just a reminder, they are not collecting the travel tax even a single cent. If it is applicable then you have to pay. In your case it is not applicable to you.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
12 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: AirPhil Express have cancelled Clark - Kalibo Route

NO.............Airphil Express has not yet sent me the new ticket!

It keeps saying tickets can't be re-issued without clearing the balance.........

Brisbane
Level Contributor
66 posts
1 review
Save Reply
24. Re: AirPhil Express have cancelled Clark - Kalibo Route

In the past I've used Cebu Pacific on international routes and there was a international tax of 1620 applicable. I believe it's a standard charge but might be wrong.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
17,822 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: AirPhil Express have cancelled Clark - Kalibo Route

AirPhil Express, Cebu Pacific and even Philippine Airlines don't collect the Php1,620 international travel tax as you need to pay that at the airport travel tax counter. No need to pay Php1,620 if you are a tourist and have a foreign passport.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
12 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: AirPhil Express have cancelled Clark - Kalibo Route

Finally AirPhil customer service agent called me,

she said the system can't issue the ticket without paying the tax.

For my case, she suggests me to go to AirPhil counter when I once arrived Clark (I will take Air Asia) to reissue the ticket.................................

Luzon, Philippines
Level Contributor
6 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: AirPhil Express have cancelled Clark - Kalibo Route

Our Kalibo-Clark flight for May 31 was likewise cancelled. . I filed the form for refund last Feb. 27 at Diosdado Macapagal Airport which is around 40 min. from our house because they set a deadline Feb. 28. The employee of AirPhil told me it would take 15 days only and I would receive my check by mail. Impress ako during that time kasi 15 days lang pala. But now it has been a month and wala pang refund. I have emailed their support group pero frustrating ang mga sagot ....... I'm thinking of writing their admin. Big Bosses na para malaman ko kung ano ang totoo at tama.

I hope the AirPhil. people should know that it's so tedious and frustrating to passengers when thay cancell flights - Booking to another airline, higher cost, time and effort ....

Companies who fail in satisfying their customers will not prosper for sure. My relatives and friends make an effort to take PAL when they come home to the Philippines kasi lagi kaming naniniwala na "Buy Philippines First". Sa local airlines naman we take Cebu Pacific or AirPhil.

Negros Island...
Destination Expert
for Bacolod, Negros Island
Level Contributor
3,098 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: AirPhil Express have cancelled Clark - Kalibo Route

M...

Not everyone here speaks Tagalog. Pls write in English for our foreign friends to understand.

Thanks.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
23,737 posts
1,719 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: AirPhil Express have cancelled Clark - Kalibo Route

I cancelled my APX Manila to Coron flight with them as they changed the time of the flight to a time that didnt suit me. It was refunded into my credit card within 21 days.

Tommo

vientiane
Level Contributor
72 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: AirPhil Express have cancelled Clark - Kalibo Route

At least you got an email i found out today on trip advisor that my clark caticlan flight booked in april was also changed to Manila caticlan by the looks of things, havent been able to call them and waiting for a reply to my email now i need to get me , the wife and kids to Manila precisely what i hoped to avoid by flying in to clarke