We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rude Hotel Staff

Which Boracay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
manila
Level Contributor
60 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Rude Hotel Staff

Hi,

Our hotel sure has one snippy hotel reservation assistant! We will be travelling in one big group and everyone keeps giving me questions to ask about the hotel we're staying at. I couldn't believe that i got a text message from the girl saying "Kung nagaalangan kayo sa booking nyo, ok lang i-cancel nyo" wow... if only we had more than 1 week to go before the trip and if it wouldn't be such a logistic problem to change hotels, i would probably stay somewhere else.

We haven't been to boracay for more than 5+ years, and i know boracay has become this top travel destination. I just hope that hoteliers realize that it's not summer all year round and that tourists can always find friendlier places to travel to... After all, i'm sure tourists would rather stay at a standard hotel with accomodating and friendly staff than a super swanky resort with impertinent employees.

cquant

Paranaque...
Level Contributor
763 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rude Hotel Staff

I suggest you save the message (if you haven't already) and show it to the hotel's management. I would be horrified if any of my staff replied to a client in that manner.

manila
Level Contributor
60 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rude Hotel Staff

okay, i will... we'll be there the week after next. thanks for the advice. I was so excited to be visiting bora again, kaya lang after this text, na kaka-deflate ng enthusiasm.

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rude Hotel Staff

Which hotel? Do tell!

manila
Level Contributor
478 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Rude Hotel Staff

if i may ask, whats the name of the hotel? just to warn other tourists.

manila
Level Contributor
60 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rude Hotel Staff

i'll post the name after we've stayed. i'll just show the text to the management when we arrive. Thanks for the support.

manila
Level Contributor
478 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Rude Hotel Staff

you're right, it will be unfare for the hotel to be judged by an incident don by a single person.

let us know howt the management/owners will handle this then we judge hehe....

forget the incident for now its not worth it....you guys will have a blast thats for sure!!!!

Philippines
Level Contributor
109 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rude Hotel Staff

"Kung nagaalangan kayo sa booking nyo, ok lang i-cancel nyo"

Which translated means?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
70 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rude Hotel Staff

hello all,

Just want to share my good experience when I asked / email Villa Camilla for a lot of inquiries... from the room amenities to generators to bathrooms and Jingjing (the front desk officer) She was very accomodating and patience with my questionsss hehehe :)

This just shows that its important that good service makes or brakes hotels and resorts.

jenny

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rude Hotel Staff

And as I'm in the habit of saying, you'll often get better, friendlier service in smaller hotels and resorts, especially those which are family run or owner operated. A lot of the big new concrete places are getting bad reviews about their substandard service and rude staff. It's nice to be a name and not a number.

manila
Level Contributor
60 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Rude Hotel Staff

I had just asked if the ground floor room (which we booked) has enough privacy, because we've never seen the place, we were worried that the people on the beach may be able to look into our room. The reply i got is "hindi naman, Kung nagaalangan kayo sa booking nyo, ok lang i-cancel nyo" which translates to if we're unsure about the room, that we should just cancel our reservation.

I just wanted to know if privacy will be an issue because they have a 2nd floor room that's vacant that we could just move to there. well, what can we do, i don't blame the hotel after all it's not their fault they have a snippy receptionist.