We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boracay in July

J3
London
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Topic
Boracay in July

Can someone please tell me how busy Boracay is during the month of July. I was there during holy week this year, and so obviously I would not expect it to be as busy as that, however is there enough activity in the bars to keep a 23 year old guy and his gal entertained?

Furthermore, as its rainy season, would one expect daily torrential downpour, or are these occurrences only seldom?

Boracay, Philippines
Level Contributor
922 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Boracay in July

Great month to enjoy the beach with much less crowds. You will see only foreign tourists around and not the madness of this Easter and Summer.

Winds are stronger and rain are usually short, unless there is a typhoon passing by. Watersports activities are on the other side of the island.

Bars are not busy during the week. Fridays and Saturdays have a good crowd.

J3
London
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Boracay in July

Thanks for that info.

You mentioned that it gets windier and theres more rain when a typhoon is passing by. Do typhoons literally pass over the island directly in July, or are they only peripheral? Call me a wimp, but I'm kinda reluctant to ride a banca to the island when there are rough seas. Is it ever the case that bad weather precludes the bancas from making the transfer between caticlan and boracay?

Boracay, Philippines
Level Contributor
922 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Boracay in July

You mentioned that it gets windier and theres more rain when a typhoon is passing by. Do typhoons literally pass over the island directly in July IT COULD HAPPEN. LAST YEAR NONE WENT DIRECTLY OVER BORACAY. TYPHOON JUST PASSED BY IN THE REGION, or are they only peripheral? Call me a wimp, but I'm kinda reluctant to ride a banca to the island when there are rough seas YOU ARE NOT ALONE. WE ALL ARE. Is it ever the case that bad weather precludes the bancas from making the transfer between caticlan and boracay YES. IF TYPHOON PASSES VERY NEAR. BUT NEVER FOR LONG.

You would normally know at least one week in advance if typhoon is coming.

But I still maintain July is a nice month to visit the island. in fact some hotels have above 60 % occupancy during that period.

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boracay in July

It's nice to see the island when it's not crowded with tourists.