We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The best affordable accomodation 2013

Makati, Philippines
2 posts
Save Topic
The best affordable accomodation 2013

Hello were going to boracay in April 27-30, were 3 adults and i'm looking for the best accomodation, i checked Tans Guesthouse, Taj, Ericko's, Isla Gecko, Island Nook & Villa Romero who earned great reviews. They're just offering around P2000 for room only and P2500 with set breakfast. It's just a matter of being the best without spending much. I was surprised i stayed in La Carmela for the past 2 years and they have negative feedbacks from the other customers but utmost i want to stay with them but rates are around 3500 during peak. I'm ready to book i'm just confused which of which, i would love to stay in Villa Romero but its in Station 3, i don't really want to do longwalks to the mall & restos. I want to be in Station 1 & 2. I tried to reach Casa Bella & Blue Waves via published email on Google but i think its outdated. Please help me before everything will be full. Thank you

alkhobar
Level Contributor
3,074 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: The best affordable accomodation 2013

Theres no need to be confrontational

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,411 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: The best affordable accomodation 2013

wow Ana, all I said is that you answered your own question and gave my opinion of the hotel, which by the way I have been and out of maybe 8 times now, rooms etc. We used to eat the cheap sandwiches they serve next to the pool, which was not half bad after a gallon of sangria and watched the area which reminds us of a carnival. So, ANA, my opinion may not count in your eyes or others, but I still have my opinion and that will never change for 2013 for La Carmela. .

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: The best affordable accomodation 2013

If you don't mind not being beachfront, look up Seabird, Panorama, Isla Gecko & Lion's Den.

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: The best affordable accomodation 2013

If you don't mind not being beachfront, look up Seabird, Panorama, Isla Gecko & Lion's Den.

London, England...
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: The best affordable accomodation 2013

Excuse me Sirenna, You said Lions Den? I have to stay here as The Lions is the nickname of my football team, and as such, we play at the Den. Any info on this place, location, website etc?

To original poster, I think it is better you trust your own judgement on booking a hotel, which after all, you should be good as you work directly in the industry. I've stayed at La Carmela myself for a week and found that apart from the noise of people coming back late and running down the hallways, it was very good, even better if you like the breakfast which does cater mainly for Koreans. The pool isn't what I would call a pool anyway, not the right shape to swim, more of a plunge pool to simply cool off, its far too small aswell, so Im with you on that, no need to worry about the pool. Vendors can be a nuisance right outside the hotel, it seems to be the busiest part of white beach ( to my eyes ) but a simple no has always surficed for me. I always stay in station 3 so I'm sorry I can't help with your decision much.

1 post
1 review
Save Reply
16. Re: The best affordable accomodation 2013

Thank you for the positive info about la carmela as i am staying there for the first time jan11 to 22 and read many negative comments on the hotel and was worried that perhaps i had made the wrong choice.. I have visited before but stayed at Club Panoly.. Waz very nice but sooo quiet which was nice but this time i wanted to have the full experience of white beach.

17. Re: The best affordable accomodation 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, January 05, 2014