We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas in Boracay??

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
24 posts
138 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas in Boracay??

Anyone experienced spending Xmas eve plus a few days in Boracay during December?? :)

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
17,191 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas in Boracay??

Yes, and if you plan to spend it there you should be buying air tickets and reserving a hotel ASAP. It would be a very long Christmas and New Year holidays this year and many would be bored just to stay in the city so I know several friends and acquaintances who would be spending their Christmas/New Year in Boracay.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
24 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas in Boracay??

Yup all done with the tickets and hotels...just wondering how the feel is at Xmas there and any good places to eat for Noche Buena? :) how busy does it get on the white beach during this holiday??

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,357 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas in Boracay??

Do you mean CHRISTmas? IF you do, its nice to be there and there is much to do. It is also busy. Christmas season starts in September actually, Boracay no different. Have a good time.

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas in Boracay??

It does get pretty busy around xmas but it's good fun. What sort of food do you enjoy and we can recommend a few places.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
24 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas in Boracay??

Nice to see replies :) yes am catholic so hopefully would also like to visit a church there :) CHRISTMAS does start once the -Ber months come in, so totally excited coz it's the only time i get to go to Philippines and visit other local places,last year went to Bohol,the year before it was Batangas,then Subic before that, then Cebu before that, then Vigan before that the list goes on :)

trying to visit every nice place in Philippines every Xmas I get to go back...

As for food would love anything nice and scrumptious. suggest away please :)

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
24 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Christmas in Boracay??

My mom is also from La Union so we get to go there and visit the beaches there every year ;) lots of people surf and celebrate xmas on the beach too :) So totally looking forward to the Boracay trip, first time too :)

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,357 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Christmas in Boracay??

if catholic why say X and not CHRISTMAS, just curious.

Many good places to eat on the island, even fast food places if you are on the run for time. .

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
24 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Christmas in Boracay??

Xmas--just a shortcut actually...

heard of some good restaurants like Cyma or Jammers, they any good? Also what's a good place to go for a BBQ on the beach?

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Christmas in Boracay??

I'm not christian and don't believe in divinity of christ. I'm celebrating my midwinter solstace festival!

Edited: 8:04 am, November 18, 2012
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,730 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Christmas in Boracay??

midwinter solstace festival

Is that a Chinese festival?

We have a Winter Solstice Festival for Chinese.