We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going to Boracay Alone

Going to Boracay Alone

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:30 am, July 03, 2017
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Going to Boracay Alone

" look for 5oclock shadows on the girls and dont believe they have a cold if a deep voice."

I must really learn this from you, left. You really impressed me sometimes.

I will also need to learn to use them as a sun dial. :p

London, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Going to Boracay Alone

In my humble opinion, travelling solo is the ONLY sure fire way to find what you are looking for. Travelling with friends is fine and the gaurateen companionship can be a godsend, but on the other hand it can be a real pain when you want some "alone time". It sounds like you need to get away from it all and do some thinking, no better place I've ever been to that Boracay for that. Days spent lounging on the beach down by station 3, a little look at the girl serving the drinks, over she comes "san miguel and make it a cold one please young lady" certainly sir......you don't even move from your lounger. Looking out at the tranquil blue sea, hardly a wave in sight, pure white sandy beaches, soft music coming fomr the nearby bar...............what you waiting for?

As for meeting people, talk a stroll along while path at night from station 3, stop off at Charhls bar for a couple of nicely priced 2 for 1 cocktails, listen to some live music then move on to summer-place or Juice bar ( 2 of my favourites ). Plot up with a cold one and say a simple hello to the person next to you, before you know it, you'll be chatting away and tellin them your life sotry, or maybe if it's a lady, dancing the night away with that glint in your eye............I say again, what you waiting for ;)

Go for it.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,454 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Going to Boracay Alone

@MH, YOU flatter me :-)

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,454 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Going to Boracay Alone

@Martin, wait wait is this the MORENOS Martin who met his GF and was so worried about her and so looked forward to seeing her, even ran to barely catch flights missed her so much?? :-)

NOW YOU SAY TO FLY SOLO...hmm :-)

Ha ha !!! I agree with you though Martin sometimes I wish hubby would take a swim while I hit the spa.

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Going to Boracay Alone

Watch out also for 'girls' with overly large hands, adam's apples and flouncy walks, and the voice isn't always a giveaway either - sometimes ladyboys sound pretty girly. After a few Tanduays, many guys are fooled.

Edited: 1:13 pm, October 12, 2012
boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Going to Boracay Alone

Martin, have you ever been to Congas, down past the beach houses in Angol? That's also a nice quiet place to relax by the beach.

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
6,040 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Going to Boracay Alone

@ Mando,

I am afraid I will have to be the first detractor. I have been around - around the world, and in the Phils - both solo and with company, and I have to admit , going solo in the Phils sucked.

I realise this is a personal opinion, and many people like going solo, but I think in the Philippines, it is far more fun with someone. You end up seeing more, a local helps you a lot with the language and food. (No - this is not difficult alone, but it is more fun with company, plus you end up learning far more about the country and it's people)

I will send the rest of my opinion and suggestions directly to you via PM, lest I stir a hornet's nest by my " not necessarily ethical" views about finding company in the Philippines.

All in all, whichever way you choose to tour, without doubt, you WILL have a good time here.

18. Re: Going to Boracay Alone

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:30 am, July 03, 2017
Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,454 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Going to Boracay Alone

same advice either way, but will you meet up with family.

sydney
Level Contributor
345 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Going to Boracay Alone

find out for yourself by giving it a go...don't let anyone's opinion stop you from traveling.