We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights fron Manila to Boracay

Which Boracay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
41 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Flights fron Manila to Boracay

What is the best route ( fastest) to fly from Manila to Boracay? Which airport is the best one for access to Boracay?

Bendigo
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Flights fron Manila to Boracay

Zest Air rarely seems to get a mention on TA. I know they don't do Manila-Caticlan (they land at Kalibo instead), but they are very inexpensive. I am pricing a trip for a group of 5, and Manila-Kalibo-Manila is USD $224. With Airphil Express, traveling at very inconvenient times, Manila-Caticlan-Manila was USD $534.

A $300 saving goes a long way for a family.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
10,845 posts
1,983 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Flights fron Manila to Boracay

I recently used Zest from Tacloban to Manila NAIA (T4) and found it satisfactory, departing 20 minutes early and arriving half an hour early. The latter is not always possible if Manila air traffic control is busy.

On routes like Manila to Kalibo there is now significant competition with four or five airlines vying for your travel. Engage in some compaison shopping, while for those who don't like flying or prefer to see the Philippines at ground level, 2go Travel offers the great alternative of an overnight or in peak season a day ferry between Batangas (accessible from manila by bus) and Caticlan.

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Flights fron Manila to Boracay

Zest Air used to fly into Caticlan but after a couple of accidents they are no longer allowed to.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,730 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Flights fron Manila to Boracay

Now that is not very assuring about Zest Air.

What actually happen? Pilot error, mechanical fault, used even smaller aircraft etc. ?

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Flights fron Manila to Boracay

As far as I recall from press articles at the time, same type of newly introduced aircraft each time and depending which article you read, same pilot on both occasions, though don't quote me on that. One explanation offered was that the runway may not be suitable for that type of plane - too short. Another version was pilot error.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,318 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Flights fron Manila to Boracay

pilot error...

17. Re: Flights fron Manila to Boracay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:18 am, December 14, 2013