We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation recommendation for a solo traveller

Which Boracay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Accommodation recommendation for a solo traveller

I'm travelling to Boracay from 3rd Oct to 7th Oct and am looking to stay on the beachfront near station 2.

I prefer a hotel/resort style place. I'm not interested in the party scene.

Budget is around 6000php per night.

Can anyone recommend any place?

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,212 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Accommodation recommendation for a solo traveller

natasha, I strongly suggest that you wait to you get to Boracay and negotiate water activities. Do be careful of anyone who responds to your mobile phone as commissioners or agents will try to sell you things for their profit, not for your safety or best price.

Iloilo City...
Level Contributor
76 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Accommodation recommendation for a solo traveller

there were a lot of recommendations against staying in station 2 because it's right in the middle of the party scene. i disagree with this though - i think you can get plenty of hotels in station 2 that are pretty quiet.

try el centro hotel (036 2886352). it's right smack in the middle of station 2 and the geographical center of the island. the rooms go for around PHP2,000 to PHP3,000 per night. at that price range, it's not the ritz, but it does the job. the rooms (especially the ones toward the back of the resort) are pretty quiet.

you can also try boracay regency. it's more of a building (very well-designed though) right beside el centro. prices range from PHP5,000 to PHP6,000. rooms are big, new and well-maintained. the resort has several really nice swimming pools and is right at the beach front.

of course, these places being in station 2, you can have the peace and quiet that you're looking for if you're inside the resorts. once you go out though, you're met by the happening scene of the island. not necessarily loud and ruckus as some of the reviews may suggest, but it can get pretty crowded sometimes.

if what you want is some good isolation, try boracay terraces or estacio uno at station 1. definitely less people in this area, though you would be farther from the restaurants and the like.

alkhobar
Level Contributor
3,074 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Accommodation recommendation for a solo traveller

Station 2 is where the tour, pearl, sunglass & astoria-offer selling people conglomerate. I know that they are entitled to earn a living but they should be centralised in a common place to de-populate the beach area. Its not unusual to be offered every 3 meter of walk. I don't want to smile, be polite and say "no, thanks" every now & then

Las Piñas City
2 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Accommodation recommendation for a solo traveller

Hi!!

Me and my boyfriend will be @ Boracay nextweek Oct 4-9... we can do water activities together... I would appreciate if yes... I'm planning to start the water activities on Oct 5 until Oct 8.we'll be ariving on Oct 4 late in the afternoon.

here are the water activities we want

--banana boat

--helmet diving

--fly fish

--parasailing

--helmet diving

we can also consider

--atv

--gokart

and more

If you have suggestions, pls feel free to send me a message.. btw, my name is Nash... Don't worry, me and my bf are both friendly.

We're looking forward to see you and enjoy Boracay!

15. Re: Accommodation recommendation for a solo traveller

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 pm, December 14, 2013