We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quiet side of Boracay in Christmas 2012

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
45 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Quiet side of Boracay in Christmas 2012

Any ideas?

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quiet side of Boracay in Christmas 2012

On White Beach, Angol. South of boat station 3 is the quiet area. Far less crowded. Take a look at Surfside, 3-5-7 Resort, Mandala Spa, Marzon Resort, Island Jewel Inn, to compare prices. If you can stretch to an upmarket, high-end hotel, Fridays, at the far end of station 1 is also a good spot. If you want seclusion, nature and a semi private cove, Baling Hai is good. And check out Nami and Microtel on Diniwid Beach.

Mentioned in this post
White Beach
White Beach
5,826 Reviews
Panay Island, Philippines
Surfside Boracay Resort & Spa
Surfside Boracay Resort...
293 Reviews
MarZon Beach Resort Boracay
MarZon Beach Resort...
85 Reviews
Island Jewel Inn
Island Jewel Inn
315 Reviews
Baling Hai Beach Resort
Baling Hai Beach Resort
111 Reviews
Nami Resort
Nami Resort
388 Reviews
Diniwid Beach
Diniwid Beach
858 Reviews
boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quiet side of Boracay in Christmas 2012

On White Beach, Angol. South of boat station 3 is the quiet area. Far less crowded. Take a look at Surfside, 3-5-7 Resort, Mandala Spa, Marzon Resort, Island Jewel Inn, to compare prices. If you can stretch to an upmarket, high-end hotel, Fridays, at the far end of station 1 is also a good spot. If you want seclusion, nature and a semi private cove, Baling Hai is good. And check out Nami and Microtel on Diniwid Beach.

Mentioned in this post
White Beach
White Beach
5,826 Reviews
Surfside Boracay Resort & Spa
Surfside Boracay Resort...
293 Reviews
MarZon Beach Resort Boracay
MarZon Beach Resort...
85 Reviews
Island Jewel Inn
Island Jewel Inn
315 Reviews
Baling Hai Beach Resort
Baling Hai Beach Resort
111 Reviews
Nami Resort
Nami Resort
388 Reviews
Diniwid Beach
Diniwid Beach
858 Reviews
Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,630 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Quiet side of Boracay in Christmas 2012

during Christmas, there really is no quiet area, but as noted, the station 3 area is pretty much laid back. All depends on your budget, beach front or not, off or on white beach, etc. There are some nice places on the other side of the island as well that gets good reviews, but for me, I would prefer white beach side.

Read the reviews on this site for more info on hotels.

Enjoy..

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
45 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Quiet side of Boracay in Christmas 2012

Hi left,

Thanks for the reply. When you say there is no quiet area, does it mean all beaches in the island will be equally packed?

Been reading here and there. Sites are suggesting that balinghai,puka shell, bulabog, punta bunga, ilig iligan, to be quiet. Would be great if you could share your views (if you've been) to these beaches.

At this stage, I'm thinking of where to stay - preferably a quiet side with ease of access to the beach.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,630 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Quiet side of Boracay in Christmas 2012

No, I am sorry to confuse you...the area around Station 2 is super packed. I meant that the island will have people everywhere, but the most laid back area is the station 3 area and up at end of station one for white beach. If it were me, I would get a nice place just off the beach in station 3 area and walk to the crowds then escape back to your hotel when you want to kick back

Places like Turtle Inn, Daves Straw, Roys , Ocean Breeze and Graces may fit the bill.

There is less people, as noted, on the beach in station 3 area where these places are located. .

Some of the places you mentioned are also fine, but you are away from the action, or places to eat, etc. of white beach.

Make your bookings soon, many places are full already.

Let us know if you need more info. .

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Quiet side of Boracay in Christmas 2012

No, it isn't all equally packed. Station 2 and central White Beach is super manic, noisy and chaotic. Angol and the other places I mentioned are far less crowded. Punta Bunga Beach used to be nice but you can't go there any more. The security guard from Shangri La chases you away with an M16!

Edited: 8:24 pm, September 06, 2012
Mentioned in this post
White Beach
White Beach
5,826 Reviews
Punta Bunga Beach
Punta Bunga Beach
20 Reviews
boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Quiet side of Boracay in Christmas 2012

Me personally I'd get a nice place and NOT walk to the crowds. Sod the crowds! But that's just me. :)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
45 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Quiet side of Boracay in Christmas 2012

Thansk all for the reply. I'm sold on Angol and station 3 then. Which make sense given it is near to the wharf and places to eat, etc. I'll head to the other areas by vehicle.

Hey Sirenna, since you have the most experience in Boracay. I'll have to PM you on a few things not related to this post.

I'm disturbed by the fact that the Punta Bunga beach is locked out. What reason is that? Private owned by shangri la?

Mentioned in this post
Boracay
Boracay
Punta Bunga Beach
Punta Bunga Beach
20 Reviews
boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Quiet side of Boracay in Christmas 2012

I'm told that, legally speaking, all the beaches are supposed to be accessible to the public. But it isn't what you know, it's WHO you know. They have evidently bought permission to claim that beach as theirs. And I'm not arguing with a pompous little d!ckhead waving an M16!

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Quiet side of Boracay in Christmas 2012

I'm told that, legally speaking, all the beaches are supposed to be accessible to the public. But it isn't what you know, it's WHO you know. They (Shangri La) have evidently bought permission to claim that beach as theirs. And I'm not arguing with a pompous little d!ckhead waving an M16! Ex president Gloria Arroyo has a financial interest in that place. Go figure. Building regulations? What building regulations?!

Edited: 9:42 pm, September 06, 2012