We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Nido AND Boracay?

C W
Vancouver
Level Contributor
559 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
El Nido AND Boracay?

Hello !

Travelling to the Philippines for the first time in March 2013 - We are in our 20s, looking for adventure and lots of beach/relaxation mixed in. We will be there for 7 full days (travel to/from are not included in this number - they have already been accounted for) and my question is:

Is 7 full days enough to enjoy both Boracay and El Nido?

I don't know the geography of the Philippines very well or the time to get from one to another.

We really like the laid back beach bum / party atmosphere of Boracay, and the adventure & great landscapes that come with El Nido (along with their great beaches). We are on a tight backpackers budget.

Any opinions & advice are welcomed!

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
5,858 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
41. Re: El Nido AND Boracay?

@ Sirenna - I like the pun (Cebu Pathetic!)

But frankly, I have not had any bad experiences with Cebu pacific (my Tagalog is not that good so I usually depend on English announcements).

I think everyone seems to have had different experiences. I have travelled a bit by Zest and Air phil express - a lot by Cebu Pacific but that is mostly because Cebu Pacific has better rates for all the destinations I went to.

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
42. Re: El Nido AND Boracay?

From what I gather, their Caticlan and Kalibo routes seem to be particularly problematic.

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
5,858 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
43. Re: El Nido AND Boracay?

ok... did not get a chance to "sample" that route through CP... travelled Air Asia instead for Boracay!

Boracay, Philippines
5 posts
Save Reply
44. Re: El Nido AND Boracay?

Yes! You better enjoy and visit Boracay. Find all amazing places where you can find wonderful beach hotels. Boracay is indeed a paradise, an infinity place for people who loves the beach and water sports. Also , Boracay accommodations are very affordable.

45. Re: El Nido AND Boracay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 pm, December 15, 2013