We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help me choose: Two Seasons, Seawind, 357 Boracay

San Francisco
Level Contributor
12 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Help me choose: Two Seasons, Seawind, 357 Boracay

We're a family of four (two adults and 2 kids under five) about to embark on our first trip to Boracay. We'll be there in two weeks. Based on the reviews on TA, I've narrowed our choice of hotels to Two Seasons, Seawind, or 357 Boracay. We need a clean place to stay, beach front (because I don't want to be schlepping 2 kids just to get to the beach), quiet at night (my partying days are over), and family friendly. A pool would be nice but not necessary if the beach is right there. If anyone has insider knowledge of construction/traffic/etc. close to any of these hotels, that would be helpful. Thanks in advance and crossing my fingers the weather holds (or atleast enough that my flight to Manila then Caticlan won't get cancelled).

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help me choose: Two Seasons, Seawind, 357 Boracay

The quietest, most chilled-out option of the three is 3-5-7, and personally I'd probably pick that one. Nice beachfront area too, with less vendors and crowds than you'll find farther up the beach while still being easily accessible for shops, restaurants etc just a short walk up the beach. However, that said, all three hotels are decent places. And if you are beachfront and it's high season, no need for a pool. You probably won't touch it, I promise, after you see how calm and flat the sea is. It looks like a swimming pool!

Edited: 1:17 am, August 17, 2012
Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
270 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help me choose: Two Seasons, Seawind, 357 Boracay

@Sirenna, they are coming in 2 weeks thus not 'high season' so would the swimming pool be a consideration?

To the OP, only the other 2 have the swimming pool options but for a $30/night premium.

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help me choose: Two Seasons, Seawind, 357 Boracay

Somehow I managed to miss that date. Does Nigi have a pool?

fairfield...
Level Contributor
893 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Help me choose: Two Seasons, Seawind, 357 Boracay

CalBears,

.....glad to know a fellow alumnus is heading for Boracay.

....I've been to Boracay various times now. My stays were limited to the Fairways & Bluewater Resorts and Seawind. All the others you mentioned, I have no idea. I strongly recommend Seawind. My wife (her first time in the Philippines) and I stayed there two years ago. ( She's Swiss and very picky at places we stayed) She was impressed and enjoyed our stay.

....if you are a golfer, as I am, then Fairways & Bluewater Resort is your alternate place to stay. Check their website.

....go Bears! Yes, Cal (Univ of California), Berkeley is my Alma Mater, post FSM (Free Speech Movement) era.

Papalo

San Francisco
Level Contributor
12 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help me choose: Two Seasons, Seawind, 357 Boracay

Thanks everyone! Heading to Boracay tomorrow and watching the weather closely from Taipei. I've been holding off on making reservations due to the uncertainty in the weather.

Papalo, I'm a golfer as well so I appreciate the advice on Fairways and Bluewater. This might not be a golfing vacation but you've certainly planted a seed. Go Bears to you too!

Love you guys and thanks for the help!

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help me choose: Two Seasons, Seawind, 357 Boracay

Fairways is a bit of an inconvenient location to stay if you are not golfing.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,428 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help me choose: Two Seasons, Seawind, 357 Boracay

I would go with TWO SEASONS. I feel the room at 357 are a bit boxy and if the weather is bad, you are really limited in that area for places to eat, unless you eat the same places often. Two Seasons has a pool, so even if weather is windy and sand is getting kicked up, you have that pool for the kids. There are many places to eat nearby also. Many of the beach front hotels have Bamboo wind curtains up to block the wind and block the view as well, so being off the beach this time of year is not so bad as well.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
12 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help me choose: Two Seasons, Seawind, 357 Boracay

Just got back from delicious Boracay and wanted to update this for others who may be wondering about the same thing. I ended up choosing 357. It was a lovely place but for our purposes, rather out of the way and inconvenient. What I didn't realize was that there is no direct access via tricycle to the hotel. On the upside, the 357 staff was awesome and the location is quiet and no a lot of touts so that made up for it somewhat! Thanks for all the helpful advice! The whole family had such a great time even with the winds and threat of two typhoons!

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help me choose: Two Seasons, Seawind, 357 Boracay

Inconvenient for what? It is right by the beach with bars and eateries nearby. And there is road access close to 3-5-7, just past the hotel - the Angol Road! If you exit the hotel and turn left it is just a few meters away. You must have missed it. As you specified beachfront and quiet at night it was assumed you didn't want a hotel on the noisy, polluted main road.

Edited: 3:57 am, September 03, 2012
San Francisco
Level Contributor
12 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help me choose: Two Seasons, Seawind, 357 Boracay

Inconvenient to D'mall and Angol road. If you're carrying a five year old and a three year old in the pouring rain and the tricycle drops you off about four hundred meters from the hotel, it's quite inconvenient. Yes, it did fit the bill for a quiet night so it delivered on that. As I mentioned in my original comments, it was a good place to stay not just for our very specific circumstance (which you could not have predicted when you made your recommendation).