We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying flight tickets day of to Boracay?

New York, NY
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Buying flight tickets day of to Boracay?

Is it usually a problem (available seats, higher prices and such) buying tickets the day of the flight? I'm flying into Manila arriving at noon (Tuesday Feb 14) and planning to fly to Kalibo or Caticlan that afternoon. I was thinking that I'd prefer to figure out my itinerary and flights at the airport.

Or I may just buy a one-way ticket to Boracay in advance. I'm planning on leaving for Palawan on Saturday or thereabouts. Is it difficult to arrange my flights and times on Boracay? I'm assuming there's plenty of airline offices and travel agents on the island.

Any advice would be most helpful. Thanks in advance.

- Mike

Mentioned in this post
Manila
Manila
Luzon, Philippines
Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
219 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buying flight tickets day of to Boracay?

Hi Mike!

I'm afraid that you won't be able to book for Caticlan or Kalibo since it's already the beginning of peak season.

However, you may try to reserve your ticket online before you fly so that by the time you arrive you have already booking reservation from these airlines:

For Kalibo:

Philippine Airlines

Cebu Pacific

For Caticlan:

Seair

Asian Spirit

Or you may want me to help you in your booking reservation since I'm in Manila. I would be glad to assist you.

My email is: marletbadeo@yahoo.com

Thanks.

Marlet

Mentioned in this post
Manila
Manila
Luzon, Philippines
Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
219 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buying flight tickets day of to Boracay?

I suggest the following itinerary:

Tuesday

ETA - Noon

Depart for Manila-Caticlan

ETD - 3PM via Asian Spirit

ETD - 2:50PM via Seair

ETA - 4:10PM via Asian Spirit

ETA - 4PM via Seair

I will not suggest for Manila-Kalibo route considering that you may still have jetlag, it would be exhausting for you. Kalibo is a good 1 1/2 hours to Caticlan. Allowance of 2 hours for check-in. No problem with flight schedule, planes leave Manila every 30 minutes.

Friday

Depart Caticlan for Manila

Leave at noon.

ETA Manila 2PM

Stay at any hotel along Roxas Boulevard. It would be a good place to stay for you. Enjoy nightlife at the baywalk or malate. Or stay in Makati if you intend to do shopping.

Saturday

Option #1 Palawan

Leave Manila for Palawan (which destination? Puerto Princesa, Busuanga, El Nido or Amanpulo?) If you go for secluded places, the places here are for your.

Option #2 Panglao Island, Bohol

Leave Manila for Tagbilaran

I would rather suggest for Panglao Island because it's more lively in Alona beach than in Palawan. You can buy your time here on the island or hop off to Cebu.

Have a great time! Best regards.

Marlet

marletbadeo@yahoo.com

Mentioned in this post
Manila
Manila
Luzon, Philippines
New York, NY
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buying flight tickets day of to Boracay?

Marlet,

Thanks for all the suggestions! I will contact you through email.

I'll have to give Panglao island some thought. I was thinking that I would get my fill of nightlife on Boracay and then enjoy the peace and quiet on Palawan. Even though Alona beach sounds nice, it seems to me there are more nature activities and locations available on Palawan. Do let me know if my impression is wrong. I would like to check out more places if I had more time. I only have 12 days total.