We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boracay beach resort

Idz
Newcastle U.K.
4 posts
Save Topic
Boracay beach resort

Can you tell me more about Boracay beach resort?

Their website is describing only the suites but not the cottages.Any neagtive or positive comments about it?

Thanks

1. Re: Boracay beach resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:38 am, May 16, 2008
boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boracay beach resort

Dehexic, you misunderstood the question - Boracay Beach Resort is the name of a resort!

I'm not that familiar with the place myself.

Regency doesn't have cottages, and is a big ugly concrete block, so I wouldn't recommend that.

Soe other nice places with cottages include Nigi Nigi Nu Noos, El Centro, Bans, Angol Point and Dave's Straw hat Inn.

Philippines
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Boracay beach resort

The official website of the Philippine Department of Tourism (http://www.wowphilippines.com.ph/) has posted a warning not to transact with Discount Resort Hotels. Warning is as follows:

Important Warning:

Several complaints/reports have reached the Department of Tourism (DOT) regarding the unscrupulous practices of a certain DISCOUNT FAMILY ADVENTURE (DFA) TRAVEL & TOURS, INC. with website www.discounthotelresort.com and www.balikbayantrip.com. Said agency is not accredited with the DOT. Likewise, Mayor Pewee Trinidad of Pasay City already ordered its closure. Please do not transact or do business with this agency.

Boracay Island...
Level Contributor
1,138 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Boracay beach resort

Reacting to the article by ThrillerInManila timestamped 9:44am "today".

That article is offtopic for this thread, however it certainly caught my eye.

Here we have the Philippine Department of Tourism on their official website posting the following:

---

Important Warning:

Several complaints/reports have reached the Department of Tourism (DOT) regarding the unscrupulous practices of a certain DISCOUNT FAMILY ADVENTURE (DFA) TRAVEL & TOURS, INC. with website www.discounthotelresort.com and www.balikbayantrip.com. Said agency is not accredited with the DOT. Likewise, Mayor Pewee Trinidad of Pasay City already ordered its closure. Please do not transact or do business with this agency.

---

WOW Philippines, indeed.

I know nothing whatever about this travel agency, and my personal experience with travel agencies in general has not been good. However, one wonders about governmental overstepping when the DOT publicises that they have received complaints, etc. about a particular travel agency and calls on the public not to transact business with that agency.

The DOT warning says that the agency is not accredited with the DOT. One wonders to what extent that in itself does or should make the agency suspect, either in the eyes of the DOT or in the eyes of potential travelers.

The warning announces that Mayor Pewee Trinidad of Pasay City has ordered the closure of the agency. One wonders on what grounds this was done.

Surely there are formal procedures which might be followed if complaints have been received. Perhaps the complaints might be investigated.

If the agency is found to have engaged in unscrupulous practices, and if said unscrupulous practices are illegal, perhaps charges might be filed.

Philippines
Level Contributor
329 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Boracay beach resort

this bit of news about dfa travel agency comes as a surprise to me since i have availed of their services in the past and did not encounter anything i would call unscrupulous. there were hitches i associated with inefficiency or poor service but i didn't think they were being unscrupulous then. they could have ran away with my money but they didn't and we got our trip and accommodations alright. could the news article be more specific - what were the complaints about?

for lack of knowledge on this, may i ask if all travel agencies are required to be accredited with dot?

Boracay, Philippines
Level Contributor
922 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Boracay beach resort

Boracay Beach Resort is, I think, the new resort near the main road and behind Regency. It is a typical one concrete building type of hotel with swimming pool overlooking the road. BBR does not have cottages at all. they also have a spa concessionaire there.

Philippines
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Boracay beach resort

BoracayBill.

Dont be misled by the brevity of the DOT post. While the announcement is short and brief, it does not mean the government took hasty or precipitous action against the agency.

You dont have to wonder. The post is intended to immediately catch the tourists attention.

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Boracay beach resort

A little more information would be useful though.

Philippines
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Boracay beach resort

The brevity of the announcement is usually (1) Done to protect the interest of the agency and (2) Not to forestall or preempt any on-going investigation or prosecution.

As it is, the announcement by itself is damaging to the agency, but necessary and useful for tourist. It did not spell out the offenses or complaints in detail becuase definitely that would be more damaging to the agency.

Usually, and this is implied, a local goverment closes establishments if they have violated local ordinances, as when it did not get any local business permit, or they are involved in criminal or illegal activity.

Tourists who have a special interest in knowing the nitty gritty details are allowed to directly inquire with the DOT or the local government. I have done this in the past.

Philippines
Level Contributor
329 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Boracay beach resort

complaints about "unscrupulous practices" is yes already damaging to the agency. it is a general label, more like if one was called a criminal regardless of how petty the crime might be. hey, am not after protecting the agency here. it's just that i don't think spelling out the specific unscrupulous acts can do more harm to the agency. specific information is bounded but imagination is limitless. the nitty gritty need not be published.