We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

MyBoracayGuide.com

Danville Ca
Level Contributor
30 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
MyBoracayGuide.com

Has anyone booked online using MYBORACAYGUIDE.com I am looking to book a hotel in Boracay with them but they are 30% cheaper than the hotels website. Is this possible that it can be that much lower? Any good experienxes or bad?

Monchengladbach...
Level Contributor
24 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: MyBoracayGuide.com

Yes its possible it can be lower than the hotel websites since the latter often post what we call in the industry as "rack rates" which are relatively higher that discounted rates, promotional and off-season rates and in some cases, walk - in rates.

I would suggest calling the hotel directly and ask for "better" rates

Los Angeles...
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: MyBoracayGuide.com

Yes, it is always best to call the hotels directly to get the best rates. Usually the hotels offer at least 5%-10% less than the booking websites or they offer added services and repeat guests discounts which online booking websites do not offer.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,503 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: MyBoracayGuide.com

many of the rates on that website have not been updated with hotels for a bit of time......hotels often say fully booked to agents if they have a few rooms left so they do NOT have to give the lower rates....Use them for a guide. then go to hotel directly and ask for lower rates....with that said...they are honest enough and perhaps Boracays biggest travel agent, located at the new Regency Lagoon on the main road....must be doing something right to afford those digs...

Danville Ca
Level Contributor
30 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: MyBoracayGuide.com

I called the hotel and the said they would not match the rate. First time that has ever happened to me.

Delray Beach, FL
Level Contributor
78 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: MyBoracayGuide.com

I tried booking on myboracayguide.com and they make it seem as you "Book Now" meaning once you submit your information, you get the room. NOT THE CASE!! I was very disappointed as I found a perfect place and went to book, only to find out that there is no availability. They emailed me with 2 other suggestions that were twice the cost.

Manila
Level Contributor
993 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: MyBoracayGuide.com

Nobody is perfect! MyBoracayGuide.com is a reliable internet booking gency, used by many resorts on the island.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,503 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: MyBoracayGuide.com

often times when a hotel says they will not match the rate or that they are fully booked to an agent..it means..they can get more for the room than what the agent advertises....many times those rates are based on low season, not peak and sadly are not update often enough..this is not about myboracyguide, this is about agents in general....Also, its no secret that some hotels list their properties for exposure on agent sites...but agents rarely can get a room with them for guests....

Edited: 10:56 pm, January 05, 2011
boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: MyBoracayGuide.com

I want to back this up, the comment that Bura made. I have been living here for a few years now, and I am not a hotel owner, but obviously I know a lot of people who are, and all of them I've mentioned it to say that myboracayguide is the most professional and reliable agent they are dealing with, plus, I meet many guests who have booked with them and are super happy with the service too.

Delray Beach, FL
Level Contributor
78 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: MyBoracayGuide.com

I have to update my last post, as since I tried booking on the site and didn't get the room, I received a friendly call from them. They tried to accommodate me elsewhere which I really appreciated. I would suggest to them that include a disclaimer that when you click the "Book Now" it doesn't mean a confirmed room. It is all about meeting expectations.

Manila
Level Contributor
993 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: MyBoracayGuide.com

I'm sure the guys from myboracayguide.com read this Forum and will work on that reclaimer