We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boracay Trip advice

Sydney
4 posts
Save Topic
Boracay Trip advice

Hi,

Me, my family and some of my friends are visiting Boracay on March 20-23 and I have been tasked to arrange for accommodations (all the flight arrangements have all been taken care of, by me as well). We are looking for an accommodation package that will incorporate airconditioned cottages (preferably beachfront), daily breakfasts and boat/land transfers from and to Kalibo. There are 12 of us (potentially 14) that will be going. Bans Beach resort has been suggested by Boracay.net and Villa de Oro by Boracay.com. Lorenzo South sounds pretty interesting as well but it seems that it is out of our price range (up to PhP4,200 per person). Can anyone help?

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boracay Trip advice

Any particular reason you want to fly into Kalibo airport? It's not the local airport for Boracay. It's an hour and a half away by bus, wheras Caticlan airport is right next to the jetty port servicing Boracay.

I'm not the expert on packages as I'm not a travel agent, but you may find the area outside Villa de Oro too noisy and crowded, and the beach is not so clean there.

Lorenzo South is in a nice location - perhaps your agent could find something else nearby at a better rate - Sun Village (south), Villa Camilla or Dave's Straw Hat Inn, for example.

Sydney
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Boracay Trip advice

Thanks for the quick reply Sirenna. We are using PAL (as part of flight package) so can only land in Kalibo. Thanks for your feedback on Villa de Oro and Lorenzo South. I'm also after some feedback on Bans Resort (which, apparently, is fronted by the only Greek Restaurant on the island and is located towards Boat Station 1) in terms of general cleanliness, staff service etc.

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boracay Trip advice

It isn't the only Greek Restaurant on the island - an excellent one opened up recently in the mall - 'Cyma'. Coincidentally I ate there last night and the food and service were excellent. Prices were very reasonable too.

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boracay Trip advice

As for the resort, the location is good and the place looks nice, though I have not seen inside the rooms.

Level Contributor
1,173 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Boracay Trip advice

Is Bans near the beachfront?

Sydney
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Boracay Trip advice

I'm told this is a beachfront resort.

Level Contributor
1,173 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Boracay Trip advice

Oh that's good! Any contact numbers? They don't have a website so I don't know how to get in touch with this resort.

Sydney
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Boracay Trip advice

Has anyone been in this resort? Would this suit a family with two kids?

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Boracay Trip advice

The cottages don't overlook the beach, but they are just footsteps away. Another nice one to check out is El Centro.