We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transportation to Boracay

Which Boracay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Paranaque...
Level Contributor
20 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
transportation to Boracay

Hi there..

I wanted to ask what the fares are for the following:

1- tricycle ride from Caticlan airport to the Jetty Port

2- boat ride from Jetty Port to Boracay Island, Station 2

3- How much is the terminal fee at the Caticlan jetty port?

4- How much is the terminal fee from the station 2 (when going home- back to the Caticlan jetty port?

I am going back to Boracay with my cousins who are graduating college this December and I can take care of the airplane and lodging bookings, but I don't want to use the land-sea transfers offered by the hotels so I wanted to ask anyone who knows..

With the EVAT thing going on, are these transportation fares affected?

Thanks,

Christine

Boracay
Level Contributor
213 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: transportation to Boracay

The prices are usually as follows:

1) 30 pesos per head

2) 19.5 pesos per head (any station)

3) 20 pesos per head

4) I don't think there is a terminal fee on the return journey.

Porters should charge 10 pesos per baggage.

But remember that porters, boatmen, and tricycle drivers are notorious for ripping the tourist off, so be warned.

Montreal, Quebec
Level Contributor
132 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: transportation to Boracay

Definitely you'll be saving money if you pay for the transfer yourself.Land-sea transfer charged by the hotels are way much higher than the prices given to you.

(With the currency exchange of 53 pesos to one US dollar and 92 pesos to the pound sterling,etc., I don't think all the expenses mentioned here will make a dent in the tourist's budget. 19.50 here, 20 pesos there, another 30 pesos for tricycle, 10 pesos per luggage, how much is all that? All these people work hard for every US cent they can get. At least, these people are working for the money. Just to see one person smile when you give him a 20 pesos (50cents) tip is worth it (as he helps you down the bangka or carry your luggage for you).. I know, in North America, we don't think twice of a 1 dollar tip. I apologize for getting carried away. Just be ready to have 10-20 peso bills on you when you get off the plane.)

Philippines
Level Contributor
329 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: transportation to Boracay

may i ask how much is the fare for an aircon bus trip kalibo-caticlan-kalibo? how many hours is the trip? where do you ride in caticlan bound for kalibo?

thanks.

Paranaque...
Level Contributor
20 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: transportation to Boracay

Thanks everyone for your replies!

I've been to Boracayabout 4 times and will be going back this Dec with my cousins.

To answer your question--

I'm not sure about the bus fare, but when I took a flight that landed in Kalibo, I took a shuttle (van) and the rate was at P175, and this included the terminal fee at Caticlan and also the boat ride to Boracay island-- not bad, since you won't have to wait long for the bus to get filled with other passengers.

Paranaque...
Level Contributor
20 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: transportation to Boracay

Also, from Kalibo the ride is just about 1 hour and 30minutes and you'll find the shuttle vans just outside the airport.

Boracay
Level Contributor
213 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: transportation to Boracay

love_boracay, the Ceres Buses are the main aircon buses and they leave outside the Caticlan Jetty Port at about 30 mins to one hour intervals(first one 6:45am). The sign on the front says Iloilo but they always stop at their Kalibo Terminal and will take Kalibo Town/City passengers. The price is 86 pesos.(Non-Aircon buses,ie w/o windows,cost about 50 pesos)and L300 vans cost 85 pesos to Kalibo Town/City). At the terminal in Kalibo you can take a trike for the 2-3kms ride to Kalibo Airport(20 pesos).

The same goes for coming from the Kalibo Airport if you want to save a few pesos. Take a trike to the Ceres Bus Terminal and transfer to the Bus going to Caticlan Jetty Port.(86 pesos)But remember that you need to be on a bus/Jeepney/L300 by 3:45pm to guarantee catching the last regular boat to Boracay. After 5:30pm the ticket office closes and the boats start asking a surcharge, 30 pesos initially, but 2 of my friends returned last week on a boat that left at 9:00pm and they were charged 700 pesos(private boat).

Philippines
Level Contributor
329 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: transportation to Boracay

thanks so much, everyone. i guess the shuttle vans that charge 175 pesos will be fine just in case. if the flight to manila is at 10:30am, what time would you suggest we be there outside the caticlan jetty port for the ride to kalibo airport?