We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lots of sea weeds along the white beach!!! please post your...

cebu
5 posts
Save Topic
Lots of sea weeds along the white beach!!! please post your...

i've been to boracay twice! i last visited the island last summer '05. it was so sad to see that what i had observed a year ago worsened. the weeds along the beach makes it looks unacttractive. seems like nobody is interested in cleaning IT. as far as i can remember, the whole stretch of the white beach was full of these green things. who would want to swim in a water full of slimy weeds? Where at the moment you raise your head after swimming, bundles of weeds sticks on your hair and face. plus the viscosity of the water had gone a little too thick to tolerate

! please post your comments. i just want to hear your opinion regarding this....

but the island was still wonderful though. it could be much more magnificent if only they clean their shoreline............

Boracay, Philippines
Level Contributor
922 posts
Save Reply
31. Re: Lots of sea weeds along the white beach!!! please post your...

In fact I suggest any one in this forum who lives in Boracay to join the Chamber and stop talking about the mess. Lets try to change it and do it! The executive director for their project is Paul Henares. I ll try to get his number or email.

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Lots of sea weeds along the white beach!!! please post your...

That would be good - please do. The one advantage of complaining on this forum is that it brings together like-minded people who care about the future of theis beautiful island. I, for one, am pretty nervous about publicly standing up to the mayor, especially as I am a foreigner. I have heard some stories about what can happen to people when they poke their long noses into this kind of buiness.

I'm curious, does the mayor really have absolute power to do whatever he wants to the island, or does he ultimately have to answer to someone?

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Lots of sea weeds along the white beach!!! please post your...

There seems to be plenty of talk about sewerage, waste disposable and sustainable development in Boracay, but very little about protecting parts of the island and it's wildlife from development.

Boracay, Philippines
Level Contributor
922 posts
Save Reply
34. Re: Lots of sea weeds along the white beach!!! please post your...

Sirenna,

Again you should look at the Boracay Chamber and see their projects. Water and Sewerage are on top of their lists as wll as flooding and the creek. I am sure you have some friends already in that association. Geri Asis is their office secretary

email is bcci@kalibo-cable.tv or contact their President Karen Rena of Mandala or Philip of Fridays, their Executive Committee chair.

About the Mayor, the local government law gives him absolute power indeed. He can even tell the national government and anybody to go and fly a kite; that 's within his powers.

Have a good day.

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: Lots of sea weeds along the white beach!!! please post your...

As I said, what about protecting parts of the island from development - htere is no talk of that!

I'm also more than a bit sceptical about putting resort owners in charge of regulating resorts!