We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

iloilo to boracay

singapore
Level Contributor
199 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
iloilo to boracay

Hi guys, I am interested in knowing the various ways of reaching boracay from iloilos in feb. By land, is there any sleeper a/c bus as I think the journey would take 7hrs plus. How about sea or air? If you have those links of the transport companies , that would be good.Thanks in advance :D And do you think its wiser to go direct there and search for accomodation or booked accomodations prehand? I will be travelling to boracay on the lst week of feb.

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: iloilo to boracay

You can do the trip in 5 hours in the L300 aircon van.

singapore
Level Contributor
199 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: iloilo to boracay

Tks for the prompt reply. :) shave off two hours of travelling.

philippines usually
Level Contributor
147 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: iloilo to boracay

L300 is too cramped for me and takes ages to leave usually. the air con ceres liner wins for me on those bumpy roads .233 peso from ceres terminal in iloilo and if you are unlucky you can watch violent movies on full volume most of the way. better done with a hangover .

singapore
Level Contributor
199 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: iloilo to boracay

tks dakoilong for the valuable input, it helps as I am quite tall.Need more leg room . How long will it take to travel by air including checking in and out with those standard procedures? If flying by plane means more hassle n just saving a bit of time , then I guess I will stick to overland route.

Boracay Island...
Level Contributor
1,138 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: iloilo to boracay

AFAIK, there are no scheduled airlines serving Iloilo to Kalibo or to Caticlan routes. You could fly to Cebu and then fly onwards to Kalibo or Caticlan, but you would need to purchase separate tickets for the two legs in order to do that. Hiring a taxi for the 4-5 hour drive from Iloilo to Caticlan is an option, and the cost is roughly in line with what a single airfare would be.

Personally, I usually take the Ceres liner bus, put in earplugs to defend against the movie/music sound system run at silly volume levels, and read a book.

singapore
Level Contributor
199 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: iloilo to boracay

Thank you boracaybill, you have highlighted the way to go. Looks like I have to get myself ready with an e-book :)

Boracay, Philippines
Level Contributor
11 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: iloilo to boracay

Ceres is the way to go. Just leave Iloilo before noon so you arrive in Caticlan during daylight hours in time for the sunset. Don't forget your mp3 player & headphones. :)

singapore
Level Contributor
199 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: iloilo to boracay

Thank you BBC, will head there in the early morning to catch sunset lol.

Once again, in tagalog Maraming salamat? :) I am trying to learn a few words , it will make conversations with locals more enjoyable. :D

9. Re: iloilo to boracay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:20 pm, September 13, 2009