We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP! Seraph Hotel at iba pa

Which Boracay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
M&L
Sacramento...
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
HELP! Seraph Hotel at iba pa

Hello to all! We're planning our 2nd trip to Bora this November and I have lots of questions. Please help!

1) SERAPH HOTEL: I need feedback on Seraph Hotel, pls. I don't remember where this is located from my last trip. Is this close to the talipapa near the steakhouse?

2) DOG PROBLEM: Last time we were in Bora, we stayed in Station1. My biggest complaint was too many dogs on the beach. Hindi kami makapag-enjoy sa beach dahil takot ako sa aso! Most of these dogs are in front of the expensive hotels pa. Thus, I'm trying to stay at Station2. Do they have the same problem here?

3) WEATHER: I've read somewhere in this forum that Nov. is typhoon season. Is this true? Does it rain all day? Is there a chance flights may get cancelled?

4) TALIPAPA: I've heared it once in the news about the talipapa destroyed in the fire. Is the entire place ruined? Meron pa rin bang places to buy clothes? I'm not planning on packing clothes para sa Bora na lang ako bibili, eh.

Hope you can answer all my questions because I'm a paranoid traveler, hehehe. THANKS IN ADVANCE!

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HELP! Seraph Hotel at iba pa

1) Seraph Hotel - big concrete monstrosity located near boat station 2. Not close to steakhouse or the ex-talipapa.

2)Dog Problem - dogs are a problem all the way along White Beach. The local authorities do very little about them. There are as many around station 2 as there are at station 1 unfortunately.

3)November - it can be a little unsettled but it's not really raining season. It varies from year to year, but last year the weather was nice from October onwards, barring the odd storm and a few scattered showers. It doesn't rain all day.

4)Talipapa - sorry, the original talipapa has completely gone, and no rebuilding will be happening on that site. The souvenir shops have sprung up again in several locations, so don't worry, there are still plenty of places to buy clothes and gifts. It's not a problem.

Planet Venus
Level Contributor
2,783 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: HELP! Seraph Hotel at iba pa

we did not stay at seraph but paid a visit to the place.

in a nutshell here's what i can say filipino style "Hindi Ko Feel"

meaning i wasn't impressed at all.

the only thing that i can say is that they have two big swimming pools.

otherwise. when you go in the resort, you pass through a not so well lit corridor housing the dive shop, through the gift shop, walk through a narrow path lane passing the pools... because the reception desk is right in the middle of the property. not very welcoming at all.

there are a lot of koreans staying in that hotel. i think it is managed by a korean firm.

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: HELP! Seraph Hotel at iba pa

Yep, it's very Korean alright!

M&L
Sacramento...
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: HELP! Seraph Hotel at iba pa

Wow..I know it loooooong overdue, but thanks for the replies. I just started planning for our trip again =)

Boracay, Philippines
Level Contributor
922 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: HELP! Seraph Hotel at iba pa

yep, yep,

it is more like if you are not Korean you are totally out of place and not very welcome.

Unless you want to immerse yourself in the culture and watch a Hawaian show or ballroom dancing (tango in our tropical island!!!) or 50's rock n' roll!

Montpellier, France
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: HELP! Seraph Hotel at iba pa

It seems, reading all the reviews, that the White Beach is no more for holidayers but only for dogs and vendors.... It's true that we can see these along the beach from early morning to late night, but.... you can still enjoy the beach and relax. All these replies mean Boracay is no longer attractive !

Seraph Hotel is not the kind of resort I would like to stay on Boracay, but the Korean community find it's great...

If you want to stay along the beach, there are plenty of good establishments.

If you search for comfort and relaxing holidays, you have also nice and charming places off the beach but not extremely far (nothing is far on Boracay !). I personnally recommend a new resort with a magic paradisiac tropical garden surrounding a large swimming pool, I stayed there with my daughter and her fiance last April and I can tell you it's simply great and romantic. They have a shuttle van, staff is very helpful and smily... simply the best. You can have a look at their website boracayhills.com. By the way, they have interesting packages.

Brigitte

Montpellier France

Bangkok
Level Contributor
192 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: HELP! Seraph Hotel at iba pa

I would not stay at Seraph, but I would use its pool as a place to kick back and swim and have some drinks. It is a good alternative to the beach....and staff are very friendly, even though it is Korean primary hotel....They also have a good gym there, not too expensive if you want to work out while you are there.

Nice area is around Station 3 as an alternative.....

Boracay, Philippines
Level Contributor
922 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: HELP! Seraph Hotel at iba pa

Yes, Steinlager. Yes. You are right!

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: HELP! Seraph Hotel at iba pa

Excuse me, weren't you just running down the station 3 area?

Boracay, Philippines
Level Contributor
922 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: HELP! Seraph Hotel at iba pa

Sirenna, I maintin my views about station 3 area but I do not want to fall into the trap of Steinlager. thanks.