We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

a few questions about boracay

Slough, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Topic
a few questions about boracay

Hi. We will be in Boracay in 10 days, i just have a few silly questions that you maybe able to help me with.

1) My accommodation is offering Roundtrip Airport Transfer Service from Caticlan Airport for 900.00/person (Inclusive of Terminal and Environmental Fees) - is this a good offer to take ?

2) When we partake in activities (mainly on water) and we need to leave items behind - a phone(camera), hotel keys, money etc. what do we do with them? how is best to secure such items?

3) Is there any hotels that allow guests to come and use their swimming pool for a fee/or if you buy drinks/food? A big pool is best (i prefer pools over sea!)

11 replies to this topic
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
26,841 posts
2,227 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: a few questions about boracay

1. Yes that price is ok.

2. Take only what you need. Leave non essential valuables at home. If Island Hoping I found the boatman trustworthy enough to look after my belongings. There are also waterproof pouches that work real well for mobiles etc.

3. Generally no.

Metro Manila...
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
20,078 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: a few questions about boracay

1. That's fair enough for a roundtrip transfer although small hotels would just outsource that service to companies like South West.

2. I use a water pouch as described above and if you don't have one you can just easily buy it in Boracay.

3. There are some beachfront resorts where you can just pay so you can use their sun loungers. Sorry I don't know any where you can pay to use their swimming pool.

Edited: 11:32 pm, November 03, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
565 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: a few questions about boracay

a lot of hotels suggest you leave your key at the front desk as you go swimming. I have done that and found that worked for me.

Level Contributor
50 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: a few questions about boracay

1.) Yes it is a fair deal.

2.) Some hotels allow their guests to leave keys in front desk but if not there are a lot of people selling dry bag for around 120-200 pesos depends with the size.

3.) Not sure.

Pattaya, Thailand
Level Contributor
131 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: a few questions about boracay

You get off the plane walk to the right out of airport it’s 500p, we arrived at 10:00pm , they took care of everything, so ez dropped off right at hotel, looks like a 400p commission to me

6. Re: a few questions about boracay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 3:40 pm, January 08, 2018

7. Re: a few questions about boracay

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:35 pm, January 08, 2018
Edited: 4:35 pm, January 08, 2018

8. Re: a few questions about boracay

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:35 pm, January 08, 2018
Edited: 4:35 pm, January 08, 2018

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
26,841 posts
2,227 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: a few questions about boracay

As mentioned above the 900P return transfer is reasonable. I've been to Boracay half a dozen times and have used South West on all but one occasion where I used Island Express. They did not show up for the second leg so I would not recommend them. South West are prompt and reliablet.

Next month I will be returning to Boracay and a friend who lives on the island will be collecting me so I will do a DIY for the first time.

Here is a DIY guide of costs in this recent blog to show above price is reasonable. You can save 300-400P if you DIY but in the scheme of a holiday savings is minimal imo.

https:/…

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,663 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: a few questions about boracay

To do it on your own, one way, to station 3 as an example, it breaks down this way FOR TWO PEOPLE.

CATICLAN TO STATION 3

Caticlan Airport to Caticlan Jetty Port.....................P50(tricycle)

Boat to Cagban Port P25 X2-person =........................P50

Terminal and Environmental fee P175 X 2-person =P350

Tricycle from Cagban Port to Station 3...................P120

P570 for two or P285 each.

TO get back to Caticlan, it breaks down as follows for two.

STATION 3 TO CATICLAN AIRPORT

Station 3 to Cagban Port ....................................................P120(trike)

Boat Cagban Port to Caticlan Jetty Port P25 X2=........P50

Terminal Fee P100 X 2-person..........................................P200

Caticlan Jettry Port to Caticlan Airport.......................P50(tricycle)

P420 for two, or P210 each.

P900 with southwest is very good, per person. If not with southwest, be careful. If one person travelling alone this deal is great, but for two people round trip, compared to do doing it on your own you are paying TWICE as much.

By the way, this is for a private trike, but if you do a shared trike you will save about about P80 each way based on 2 travelers.

Edited: 1:41 am, January 09, 2018
Reply to: a few questions about boracay
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted