We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fishing ?

Fishing ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:00 pm, December 22, 2016
Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,027 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fishing ?

This has been asked before, and unfortunately there are still very few options for sport fishing in the Philippines, which is a pity, because there are many great areas for game fishing in these beautiful islands.

You could ask @ bohol travel buddy, who have a lot of local knowledge, or ask some of the "touts" on Alona beach front, there are many fisherman who will take you out on their own boats, but very little "modern" equipment to speak of

2. Re: Fishing ?

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,027 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fishing ?

Good idea taking some of your own equipment.

In Cebu you can get tackle.

There will be many fishermen who will be prepared to take you out, there is extremely good game fish around Balicasag island, schools of Jack, Barracuda, Tuna etc, just make sure you dont fish in any designated sanctuary areas, though if you go with a good boatmen, no worries

Indiana
Level Contributor
43 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fishing ?

Visayas Breeze Resort on President Carlos Garcia, Bohol (Pitogo) has US quality fishing gear and a Boston Whaler fiberglass boat for fishing trips. There is great snorkelling right of the beach and the food is pretty good. This place takes a little work to get to, but there is a ferry leaving every morning at 8am from Looc, Mandaue, Cebu City that goes direct to Pitogo. The resort can meet u in Pitogo and take u to the resort about 20 minutes away. They have 8 nippa-style cottages with a/c and modern bathroom, queen bed.

5. Re: Fishing ?

Negros Island...
Destination Expert
for Bacolod, Negros Island
Level Contributor
3,098 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fishing ?

Also, since you are buying your stuff in Cebu, why not ask them for info or contact persons about fishing in Bohol?

I am sure that people fr Bohol get their equipment fr them. And there are clubs all over the country as well. So just ask around and make chika chika. You will get great info that way.

Panglao Island...
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Fishing ?

As of the moment, I've known 2 parties doing fishing in Panglao...one is having a lot of advertisement on the street and one is COUGAR II Boat and Tours, they provide fishing equipment.

8. Re: Fishing ?

Panglao Island...
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Fishing ?

im glad i helped you...i am leaving here in Panglao for 1yr & 6 months now. I am originally from Manila

yeah don't worry about fishing, those two that i mentioned have good fishing rods....ENJOY travelling :)

Oakland, California
Level Contributor
72 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Fishing ?

Hello, any new sportfishing boats available in Panglao? Will be visiting in 2 weeks.. Thanks in advance!