We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bohol to camiguin island

philippines
1 post
Save Topic
bohol to camiguin island

I will be staying in Panglao Island and wondering how I could get from Bohol to Camiguin Island? They say there's a ferry ride or fast craft ride going to Camiguin, which takes an 1 hour ride? Lastly, will we be going to the Tagbilaran Pier for the ride?

Cagayan de Oro...
Level Contributor
149 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bohol to camiguin island

I am not sure if there is a fastcraft from Bohol to Camiguin. I heard there are small crafts (lantsa) from Bohol to Camiguin Island. I do not advise this type of transportation. Take a boat from Bohol to Cagayan de Oro City (via Trans-Asia or Cebu Ferries) and take a bus (Agora Bus Terminal) going to Balingoan town. From Balingoan take the ferry to Camiguin Island.

UK
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: bohol to camiguin island

Hello there... There is no more direct ferry service from Bohol to Camiguin, used to have one. Anyway, if you really want to visit the island of camiguin, you need to take ferry ride from Tagbilaran city or from Jagna to the port of Cagayan de Oro. Take a taxi from Cagayan de oro pier to AGORA terminal (15min. ride). Take a bus from Agora terminal to Balingoan pier ( Bachelor express takes 2hrs), where you can catch a small ferry ride to the Island of camiguin. Take note, last trip ferry from the port of Balingoan to Binoni port in camiguin is 4PM. there is a frequent ferry trip (hourly) from Balingon to Binoni from 7am. Remember, there is also a trip from balingon to Guinsiliban port in camiguin, don't take that trip as it is a bit far to your main destination. You should take a ferry trip from Balingoan to BINONI. From binoni, take a public Jeep/FX ride to Mambajao, the capital of the Island(1 hr journey). All the nice resort, mostly located in mambajao. Advisable stay in camiguin should be at least 3 days. Don't miss to visit the white Island (its a must) just 20min banka ride from agohay beach resort. Hire a multicab or jeepney that can take you round the island for a day, this include visits to the tourist spots (e.g. Ardent hot spring, Katibawasan falls, Sto. Nino cold spring, Walk way etc.) It is nice to travel with friends to visit the Island. Camiguin "D Island beyond your imagination"

Paris
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: bohol to camiguin island

There is a DAILY RoRo boat Super Shuttle Ferry, departs Balbagon Pier, Mambajao, Camiguin Island at 8 am for Jagna in Bohol then turns around and departs Jagna Pier at 1 pm back to the Balbagon pier, Mambajao arriving at 5 pm, you can bring your vehicle and or motor cycle.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
10,730 posts
1,971 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: bohol to camiguin island

When I travelled ex Camiguin recently, I believe that the port was spelt Benomi.

Both Benomi-Balingoan and Jagna (pronounced 'Hagna')-Mambajao trips are on Filipino RoRo (roll-on, roll-off) ferries. The 1200 departure on the day I travelled ex Benomi had more than 100 passengers; the other ferry ex Jagna had only 35 but it was suggested to me that it can at times have 100 plus even though it has only been running for less than a year and many locals are as yet unaware of it.

I have written a review under 'Camiguin Island' on TA, so check that. However both ferries ran on time: the bus from Tagbilaran City to Jagna leaves from Tag's Island City Mall which is a couple of km out of town. I caught the 0920 hours bus which gave me an hour and a half before the ferry left at 1300 hours.

At Jagna, the walk from the bus stop to the ferry terminal was only 150 metres if that.

Both trips were very pleasant: of course beautiful weather helped.

bohol
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bohol to camiguin island

can i know the special trip jagna bohol going to camiguin?

i need urgently now ur reply

waiting now

bohol
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: bohol to camiguin island

i want to know how much is the special trip in jagna bohol going to camiguin

reply me now asap its urgently needed

7. Re: bohol to camiguin island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 27, 2010