We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning a trip to Philippines

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Planning a trip to Philippines

Am going to Philippine for 9 days in September. Planned is to spend 6 days in Bohol and 3 days Manila.

Flying from SIN TO CEBU and ferry to Bohol.

From Bohol to Danao to Anda to Baclayon and airport to Manila to attend Wedding.

I am undecided between Anda and Panglao which one should I go?

Or anyone have a better suggestion?

1. Re: Planning a trip to Philippines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:05 am, June 21, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
22,689 posts
1,577 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Planning a trip to Philippines

josh7979

Self promotion is not allowed and your post will be removed.

Tommo

Manila, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
5,974 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Planning a trip to Philippines

Panglao is great, it's like a mini Boracay.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
16,854 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Planning a trip to Philippines

The web site is not even working. I suggest Bohol Travel Buddy instead --> http://www.boholtravelbuddy.com/btbmain/

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
10,780 posts
1,979 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Planning a trip to Philippines

I have not been to Anda but it receives good reviews.

It will be quieter than Alona Beach, Panglao Island but if visiting Anda, you may be choosing 'the road less travelled' which many of us find quite attractive.

Think of yourself as a Catholic pilgrim walking to Santiago de Compostela, except that you are 10,000 kilometres away in the Asian version of Spain!

Manila, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
5,974 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Planning a trip to Philippines

Haha Alona is already too quiet for me. Anything more quiet than that will be tantamount to being deserted. LOL!

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,729 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Planning a trip to Philippines

I would choose Panglao. It is not that Anda is a bad place, but I still would like to be near civilization.

Panglao is nearer to Taglibaran and the ferry terminal. If you need anything, just hop into one of the trike to bring you to Taglibaran to get your stuff.

As it is the wet season now, I would prefer to travel 30mins to the ferry terminal/city instead of more than an hour ride in a typhoon season.

Philippines
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Planning a trip to Philippines

Went to Panglao Bohol 2 years ago and I liked my stay there. It's not too crowded but with establishments/restos surrounding the area. Bring your snorkeling gear when you visit :).

I've heard Anda is beautiful but not much goes on, Panglao was peaceful enough for me and locals were incredibly friendly. If you don't mind constantly changing accommodations you can try staying in Cebu a bit longer around 2 days (they also have great beaches and really good foooood!) than transfer to Bohol (beaches, trekking, and caving). Enjoy your stay in the Philippines! :D

Balanga City...
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Planning a trip to Philippines

We went to Bohol and Cebu last June 1-3, 2012 and its very smooth tour since we get the best Car Rental and Travel Agent in Cebu and Bohol in very affordable price, we are 12 pax all working at the City Government of Balanga in Bataan. Its good that we have come across Bohol Travel Buddy (Angelbert Tourist Transport) here's their website http://www.boholtravelbuddy.com. Ms. Lilette Gacera was very accommodating, she respond in all our query in an instant and she managed to re book our ferry to the time we specified due to bad weather. I highly recommend Angelbert Tourist Transport when u go to Bohol and in Cebu if you want a Rental Van, you cannot go wrong with AAA Cebu Executive Rent A Car, no downpayment needed and they will came on time as you wanted. It includes tour upon renting their van and their driver, very hospitable and courteous. I recommend the two when anyone plan to go to Bohol and Cebu they're the best!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Planning a trip to Philippines

Thank you your post is helpful.