We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Solo female traveller in Cebu, Bohol and around.

Level Contributor
2 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Solo female traveller in Cebu, Bohol and around.

Hello I'm a solo traveller in the Philippines for the past 2 weeks. I'm flying to cebu tomorrow January 9th and was planning on spending my last week around this area.

Can someone give me some advise as where to go from cebu. I would like to do some diving but funds are getting low. I've found it extremely difficult to find dorm accommodation in the Philippines. Is this the case in cebu island and bohol/panglao?

Any advise will help.

Thanks

San Diego...
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Solo female traveller in Cebu, Bohol and around.

they gonna have a big festival in cebu this coming weekend. its called sinulog. you should check it out!

Indiana
Level Contributor
43 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Solo female traveller in Cebu, Bohol and around.

You should not check out Sinulog! Unless you enjoy being around an additional 1.5 million tourists and paying double the normal cost for a room, (if you can find one) you should leave on the first ferry to Bohol !!

There is an 8am ferry (P250) that departs daily from Lo-oc, Mandaue, Cebu City. This small pier is located directly below the Old Mactan Bridge, Cebu side. The ferry arrives 4 hours later in Pitogo on President Carlos Garcia Island, Bohol. There is a very quiet "resort" situated on 8 hectares of pristine beach. They are fronted by a 52-hectare marine sanctuary that boasts 27% coral cover. They are not yet set up with diving equipment but have new snorkling sets. The norkeling and swimming are excellent. They have 8 air-con cottages that were P1200 ( in October 2011) on the beach and can even offer huge tents and queen air mattress if you are on a budget. They are located on a barrier island and have no neighbors or thru-traffic. This place is very, very quiet.

They have a reliable boat that can take you to Maasin, Southern Leyte in exactly one hour. From Maasin you are really only minutes away from the diving sites aroung Sogod Bay and Panaon Island.

bohol
12 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Solo female traveller in Cebu, Bohol and around.

if you are going here in bohol... In 2 to 3 days you could see the best tourist spot in bohol plus the beach is good here...

Butte
Level Contributor
258 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Solo female traveller in Cebu, Bohol and around.

You will find inexpensive accomodation and diving either in Moalboal, qou vadis has cottages from 800 php, and dives from $24 usd. Or if going to Bohol, Bohol dive resort has rooms starting at 500php right on the beach and dives from $28 usd. Peters place on the other end of the beach associated with genesis divers has rooms from 700php on the beach and dives from 1200php

5. Re: Solo female traveller in Cebu, Bohol and around.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:23 am, February 25, 2013