We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bohol or Palawan ?

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
23 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Bohol or Palawan ?

I'm looking for a nice place to stay in Philippines with a beach comparable to Boracay ( I've been there 3 years ago ) but bit more peaceful - I don't need tons of bars and restaurants . Just one well supplied supermarket , couple of nice places to have dinner or beer , possiblity of doing some daily trips. The most important for me is nice , clean water and sandy beach as 'm travelling with 2 small kids. Which place is better for this kind of holidays - Bohol or Palawan ? Can You recommend me any nice beachfront hotels - price range 80-130 USD / room .

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
18,276 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bohol or Palawan ?

My vote would go with Bohol. I recommend resort in Panglao Island... Amarela Resort.

Butte
Level Contributor
258 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bohol or Palawan ?

I too would suggest Bohol, look at Golden palm hotel. Has a great swimming pool for the kids, nice landscaped gardens, and only 2 minutes from Alona Beach

California
Level Contributor
79 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bohol or Palawan ?

Go to Bohol first, lots of cheap flights, competitive pricing for hotels and lots of beaches and attractions within an hour. Puerta Princessa the underground river and beachs 2 to 3 hours away. But either location beat boracay any day. (if your not into 24 hour bars and drunks)

shanghai
Level Contributor
62 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bohol or Palawan ?

Hi we live in shanghai I suggest stay at Henan beach resorts which is along the beach of panglao island Bohol it has 12villas only we travel with my 2 kids age 5and 7 and I know how you feel.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bohol or Palawan ?

Better go to Bohol now before it becomes another Boracay.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
18,276 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bohol or Palawan ?

@ mousehunt: I super agree with you.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bohol or Palawan ?

As matter of fact, Panglao beach has become a mini-Boracay!

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,484 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bohol or Palawan ?

Bohol is a Boracay wanna be for sure, but if you want a quieter place, not necessarily cheaper or less expensive then go to Bohol. There are many things to do in addition to the beach, but many who go there cant stop but compare Bohol to Boracay..and I look forward to hearing your comparison as well..ENJOY..

Taipei, Taiwan
Level Contributor
962 posts
326 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bohol or Palawan ?

Competitive pricing for hotels in Bohol? Really? I am surprised to hear that because honestly I feel they are quite expensive, at least for the 4-5 star hotels, not sure about the others.

I choose Bohol also as it seems it is a place that is half fun and half beaches, we are staying at two different places, one in Panglao and one on the main island, I am sure it will be quite a different scene.

And I am glad to hear we also choose the right place to go, as above, someone mentioned go before it becomes another Boracay. Most people have never even heard of this place yet. A plus in my book, hoping there won't be too many people there when we go.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
18,276 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bohol or Palawan ?

I'm sure you will enjoy your vacation in Bohol. I recommend it as it is more than just a beach. Aside from the Chocolate Hills, there are many historical churches there then if you are adventurous enough you can go spelunking, zip line, rapelling, caving and tubing.