We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leyte-Bohol Roro

Philippines
8 posts
Save Topic
Leyte-Bohol Roro

Come school break, my family will be riding our family van in island hopping the Visayas with the help of Roro's. Coming from Manila and driving thru Samar-Leyte, we want to jump to Bohol from Leyte. I heard that there is a Roro plying Maasin, Leyte-Ubay, Bohol route. I would like to confirm this. Or any other routes there possible? Any other options? Specifics on schedules would also be highly appreciated. Thank you!

Mentioned in this post
Visayas
Visayas
Philippines
Manila
Manila
Luzon, Philippines
Bohol Island
Bohol Island
Bohol Province, Philippines
Manila, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Manila
Level Contributor
1,239 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Leyte-Bohol Roro

try www.horizonsunlimited.com where there's info about roro crossings - what you need to present and how early you should be at the port.

I was able to experience driving from Tacloban City to Ormoc and it was such great fun and such beautiful scenery. Try using the local transport called putput to get a feel of the place, it's a lot of fun too. It's a great experience to island hop. In my case i didn't use the roro from Leyte to Cebu but still got a taste of it by hopping into a supercat. Great experience too. Have fun! I loved my Visayan tour experience.

Mentioned in this post
Tacloban
Tacloban
Leyte Island, Philippines
Cebu Island
Cebu Island
Visayas, Philippines
Leyte Island...
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
10,994 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Leyte-Bohol Roro

Hello BikePacker

I am sorry, I can't confirm that there is a roll on roll off ferry travelling from Maasin City but I am confident that there would be small boats travelling from a number of the towns along the coast of Leyte to somewhere on Bohol.

It has been my experience that for many boats running short routes like that, there is no website or nearby office to get the info you need. A lot of the time, the information is just on a banner at the pier.

For many years I had wanted to go to Southern Leyte and in September, I finally had my opportunity. I travelled by van to Maasin City from Palompon Leyte.

I was surprised to discover that Maasin City was so small, it did not even have a supermarket. The biggest store I could find was a mini mart attached to a pharmacy.

If you find yourself stuck in Maasin City and need a place to stay, my suggestion is Country Lodge. It is situated in pleasant surroundings on a river about 2km from the centre of the city.

If you are interested in watching my video of the trip from Palompon to Maasin City which includes the Country Lodge and the city sights in Maasin, you can download the video for free from here:

cebutours.com/videos/palompon_to_maasin.wmv

Regards; Jim Sibbick

3. Re: Leyte-Bohol Roro

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:29 am, March 14, 2006
4. Re: Leyte-Bohol Roro

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:29 am, March 14, 2006
Philippines
8 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Leyte-Bohol Roro

hello and good day, tata!

i see you are very active in the bohol forum. i will take then this opportunity to ask more about our trip. plus our accomodation there at bohol. would truly appreciate if i could e-mail you privately in any way.

with regards to the maasin-ubay roro, you mean every hour there's a trip that could accomodate our van crossing from leyte to ubay? i understand that these are not the for-passengers-only ferry but the Roro's which can accomodate vans, cars and trucks. have you any info how much a toyota hi-ace van would cost to cross?

thanks for the info and would be glad for more.

Philippines
8 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Leyte-Bohol Roro

hey jim,

thanks for the info. would need that when we finally travel along the east coast of leyte. would check on the video later.

best regards!