We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

suggestions for honeymoon

Iloilo City...
1 post
Save Topic
suggestions for honeymoon

greetings to all !!!!

im getting married dec of next year and im thinking of going to bohol for our honeymoon.... thinking of 4days/3nights...not sure yet of how much are we willing to spend per night... i know its still a long way, but i just to browse around and have some idea... any suggestions will be much appreciated... i've been to boracay twice so its not an option..other options i have is palawan or cebu and maybe do a day trip in bohol...pls help me out.... i like a nice beach and awesome food.... thanks a lot....

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
17,518 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: suggestions for honeymoon

Panglao is an excellent place for honeymooners. Here's the top rated resorts in Panglao, just choose whichever that is within your budget --> tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g1036817-Panglao_Isla…

Cebu
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: suggestions for honeymoon

Try visit this community site in bohol http://www.boholaffairs.com/community you can get more info there

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
44 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: suggestions for honeymoon

If money is not a problem try checking out Bohol Beach club, most of my friends say they have the nicest shoreline in Panglao. Its exclusive for the resort alone, great sunsets and very serene.

But if you are in a budget and wants little adventure (just like me) in Bohol, then pick Alona beach. There are a couple of resorts that are cheap ranging from 900-1800PHP per night, you'll have wide variety of places to eat and night life.

watford,UK
Level Contributor
474 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: suggestions for honeymoon

i've tried Amorita beach resort last time i went home and it's lovely this coming April we're booked in Golden Palm Resort for 3D/2N.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
21 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: suggestions for honeymoon

what would you suggest...2 of us traveling to Bohol end of Feb. FLying from Manila via Cebu Pacific. staying 4d/3n in Panglao at the HAyahay resort.

Should we go on the tour of Bohol island right away from the airport to save on the fare from the resort back to Tagbilaran?

I heard all tours include the river cruise with lunch then the tour will take you to the Bee farm, churches and chocolate hills.

Do you have any tours that you would recommend? Which agency? Do you know the price?

THanks.

Metro Manila
Level Contributor
51 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: suggestions for honeymoon

@marinel12 - I've heard excellent things Amorita in Bohol as well, so you could try that.

@dgsmommy - If you want something a bit more different or other activities to supplement what you'll be doing, try doing ecotours in Bohol: http://www.ekolife.com.ph/tours/bohol/

I haven't tried them personally yet, but I'm planning to go to one of their tours this Feb/March. Good luck! :)

Edmonton
6 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: suggestions for honeymoon

In the summer of 2010 I went to Daluyon Resort which is located in Palawan and proposed to my wife (yep, married already) and we had a great time. Not busy resort and very secluded. I would recommend this resort for a honeymoon....and price is great so to not break the bank!!

Congrats on your nuptials....

ronnie222
Level Contributor
16 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: suggestions for honeymoon

Bohol beach club! They will pick you up at airport or from tagbilaran port. I think this is a perfect honeymoon spot. The have private cottages as well as typical hotel rooms.

Bring all you need because town is about a 20-30 min ride, and the cab drivers charge when they leave town..if your not lucky enough to catch one at the drop off.

Exchange rate at the front office is the worst in Philippines.

Beautiful beach, nice outdoor dining, hammocks spaced out on the beach free to use and well kept pools. I know there were three open-air dining locations when we were there that cater to western and Asian tastes. At dinner one of the restaurants had a nice trio singing and playing.

9. Re: suggestions for honeymoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 pm, October 24, 2012