We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PPS to Cebu flights?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Topic
PPS to Cebu flights?

We had our itinerary all planned and agreed upon. Unfortunately, Air Asia has thrown us a curve ball.

Here was our initial plan.

Monday - Arrive from Cebu at noon, travel straight to El Nido.

Tuesday - Combined Island hopping Tour

Wednesday - Same as above

Thursday - Travel to Nacpan and other closer sights, travel to PPS in the afternoon.

Friday - Do Underground River tour, travel to Cebu in the afternoon.

Very tiring, but making the most of our time.

Now, Air Asia has canceled their route form PPS to Cebu and has basically destroyed our plans. We can not leave on Saturday as we have already booked our next stop.

This leaves us with 2 options

Take the PAL flight in the afternoon with a layover in manila. This adds another 4 hours of travel in an already very long day and week.

Or skip the Underground river tour. I understand that the tour might not be that amazing, but, it feels such a waste that we went to Palawan and not visit it.

I guess what I am hoping for is for someone to have some knowledge that another airlines would pick up the afternoon route later on (we are not flying until sept)...

Quezon City...
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: PPS to Cebu flights?

cebu pac have pps -cebu flight at 12.30pm

or 2.55pm to mnl with connection to cebu at 6.30pm

Puerto Princesa...
Level Contributor
1,525 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: PPS to Cebu flights?

Yes Cebu Pacific every day with a small time change depending on date.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: PPS to Cebu flights?

With those flight hours, it looks like we will have to skip the UR. I guess we can leave El Nido later in the afternoon so it will seem like "another day". And take the 12:30 flight back to Cebu.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
10,226 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: PPS to Cebu flights?

, it looks like we will have to skip the UR

----------------------------------------------

Just as well as it is already too much travelling in a short time.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: PPS to Cebu flights?

Do not attempt to leave El Nido and leave PP on the same day.

To me it is pretty risky. If the transport breakdown, you will definitely miss your flight out of PP.

Puerto Princesa...
Level Contributor
1,525 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: PPS to Cebu flights?

Re mousehunt's comment above. Given in good intent of course, but don't forget how many vans and buses are running that route. If your's was unlucky enough to break down there will be another coming along soon :-)

New Jersey
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: PPS to Cebu flights?

I should have been more clear, but, we plan on taking the 6 PM bus from El Nido to PPS on Thursday and leave PPS on Friday at 12:30, skipping UR all together. This way, we can feel like we spent an extra day in El Nido.

Our flight arrives (hopefully anyway) at 11:55 AM, what are the chances of us being able to make it to the 1 PM Cherry bus to El Nido?

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: PPS to Cebu flights?

Vetus is correct.

Even if the van breakdown, the replacement F1 van drivers will drive fast and furious to reach your destination!

Hahahah!!!!

As for Ryan, your chances is pretty slim becase assuming you have luggage to claim, it will take a while.

If you have no luggage and your flight arrive on time, you may still have 50% chance though I wouldn't bet on it.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: PPS to Cebu flights?

I see, we should just take it easy then and take the 2 PM Roro bus.

This is going to sound very ignorant, but I really have no idea... I understand that there is a luggage compartment on the side of the bus, is it safe to put things there? If you do put a luggage there, do you just tell the driver that you have stuff there and they will open it?

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: PPS to Cebu flights?

Yes, it is safe there but always keep your valuables and passport with you.

The driver will open the lugagge compartment if you just tell them. No worries on that.