We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sabang to Port Barton?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,024 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Sabang to Port Barton?

I'm reading this site and it has lots of great info:

lakas.com.ph/2011/…

But I can't find the transport info for going from Sabang to Port Barton? Is that even an option?

We wanted to do:

PP (for Honda Bay)

Sabang (for Underground River)

Port Barton

El Nido

back to PP

But how do we get to Sabang from PB?

Do we have to return to PP first? Would it be easier to do:

PP

Sabang

El Nido

Port Barton

PP

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sabang to Port Barton?

"Port Barton - to and from Sabang

By Boat - The fastest way to Sabang was by pump boat (bangka) and it takes less than 3 hours. During the peak season, there are boats daily, usually leaving at 7am. There are no regular boats during the off season so you will need to charter one for about P3000 (can carry 4 passengers). The regular cost per passenger from Sabang to Port Barton is P1200 and it is P800 from Port Barton to Sabang, and this may vary. If you are with a large group, consider negotiating for a better price. The regular services are by large bangkas that can carry either 11 or 14 people. The large bangkas make for a much more pleasant and drier journey.

By Road - It is not possible to go directly from Port Barton by road to Sabang so you will need to go back to Puerto Princesa, stay overnight there and then head out to Sabang the next morning. You could also hire a private van to take you there"

Not from me. http://www.travel-philippines.com

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,024 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sabang to Port Barton?

Thanks.

This makes me want to cut out Port Barton as it seems like a hassle. Or maybe we see PB on the way back from El Nido.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sabang to Port Barton?

I am not sure but I would not squeeze too may places in a short time.

I know you have to fly thousand of kilometers to be here but I do hope you have an enjoyable and relax trip.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,024 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sabang to Port Barton?

Hmmm I think 3 days at Port Barton and 4 days at El Nido is enough time. We don't really want to see much at Sabang and PP other than Honda Bay and the Underground River. Unless I'm missing something that might interest us :)

5. Re: Sabang to Port Barton?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, April 16, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Princesa