We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rent a car in Puerto Princesa

Ho Chi Minh City...
12 posts
Save Topic
Rent a car in Puerto Princesa

I will arrive to Puerto Princesa next April with 5 persons in total. It is cheaper if i rent a car full day for Underground river tour and Honda Bay tour and arrange the tour by myself or I just book the tour for 5?. Any suggestion of car rental in Puerto Princesa and what is the approximate cost? Thanks

Puerto Princesa...
Level Contributor
1,525 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rent a car in Puerto Princesa

Hire a van (google "palawan travel services") and leave all the organisation such as Underground River Permits to them.

This is the City Website, I hope you find it helpful :- http://www.puertoprincesa.ph/index.php

Ho Chi Minh City...
12 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Rent a car in Puerto Princesa

Thanks for your info but I cannot find any information regarding car rental in Palawan. Any contact email should be appreciated

Puerto Princesa...
Level Contributor
1,525 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rent a car in Puerto Princesa

I agree my suggestion on what to google was not perfect!

In you are looking for "self drive" then the answer is while not impossible to find, it can be so difficult that it's best to forget it.

This info from a post by "shmizzle" gives some info, and of course the place where you are staying will organise a van for you.

www.facebook.com/photo.php…

Pearland, Texas
Level Contributor
2,217 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rent a car in Puerto Princesa

The tour is 1500 pesos per person. I understand that there is little variation in prices between tour companies. With the paid tour, you ride in a van, have a driver, and a tour guide whose responisbility includes making sure all of the people in the tour get to the proper places and to deal with the permits. The tour guide will organize the boat from the dock to the bay by the underground river and set you up in the queue to get on a boat into the underground river. In the tour, you will also get an included buffet lunch.

If you go on your own, you will have to deal with the permits and boats on your own.

I hope you enjoy the Underground River as much as I did.

Puerto Princesa...
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Rent a car in Puerto Princesa

To: Lady0407

Since you are 5 people, I suggests better to book to travel agency rather than renting a van,You can also ask discount for your tours..publish rate is 1500, you can ask for discount. Its worry free tour. Everything is included,including your permits,van transfer,boat,buffet lunch and it is also a guided tour tour guide will give you information during tours. No hassel. Underground River now is always fully book so better to book early for your slots. Hope it helps.

6. Re: Rent a car in Puerto Princesa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:07 am, January 13, 2012
7. Re: Rent a car in Puerto Princesa

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:35 am, November 28, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
24,016 posts
1,836 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rent a car in Puerto Princesa

Palawan V your posts are self promoting which is not allowed and will be removed. Stop spamming the forum! Avoid this firm who has a total disregard for the forum rules.

Reported.

Tommo

9. Re: Rent a car in Puerto Princesa

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:15 pm, December 17, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Princesa