We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

need help....please...

Which Puerto Princesa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
cebu
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
need help....please...

hi, :)

a group of us from cebu (10pax) will be visiting PPS this june. i have emailed several hotels, inns and pension houses asking them fort their rates.

so far, we liked De Loro Inn and Dangkalan Resort (they are the resort in the city with a beach front and a pool). i have read several comments from De Loro but none for Dangkalan. The price they gave us per pax differs only by 300php.

can anybody help decide which of these 2 should we go for?

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: need help....please...

Mabuhay and Aloha tingting9,

I read many good reviews on Dangkalan Resort over the years and they are always quite favorable. I can't say as I haven't inspected the place. I wanted to on my last visit but was wrapped up in a Discovery Channel HD shoot and had no time.

I just went to the one and only review for De Loro (again I haven't seen it yet) and the review was quite unfavorable. I caution that one review does not set the tempo for any place on it's own. Also, the reviewer never got into the resort.

When I go to this year's Pista Y Ang kageban I will try to do an inspection of each resort, but tht's not until the end of June.

Another resource is the City tourism website at www.visitpuertoprincesa.com

Ling Yai

forum moderator

cebu
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: need help....please...

thanks a lot for that advise :)

i have a question though with regards to the tours that resort/hotels/inns offer...i hope you can give us an incite on that as well :) do all tours offer buffet lunch or are there tours that only offer packed lunch??

there were 2 inns we inquired that boasted on their tours that they are offering buffet lunch and not packed lunch. :)

Philippines
Level Contributor
46 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: need help....please...

hi, i hope i am not yet late for your post. just got back from puerto princesa and stayed at Bran Pension House (contact number 09205370677), a few minutes away from the airport using trike ( a common transportation in the city). I and my husband booked a room at P1,200/ night with free breakfast. The room is quite spacious, with TV, aircon, bathroom and has two beds (1 single and 1 double). Some of the rooms are quite bigger with the same amenities and can accommodate up to five pax at P500 each pax with breakfast. The place is very quiet and it has also a swimming pool where you can swim all day. For those persons looking for a place to sleep and relax, I would really recommend Bran Pension. PM me if you want me to upload some picts of the place. ALso, if your interested on day tours, i would also recommend our driver named Boyet for inquiries. here's his contact number - +639351228472, +639083014037

4. Re: need help....please...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:57 am, July 02, 2009
Philippines
Level Contributor
46 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: need help....please...

Im not sure if he is. A friend of mine from Palawan, recommended him to be our driver.

6. Re: need help....please...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 am, December 29, 2009