We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hiring boats, scooters and cars

england
7 posts
Save Topic
hiring boats, scooters and cars

hi, is it possible to self hire scooters or motorbikes, boats and cars to get round Palawan? do you need to show a drivers license etc and what would the cost be? also do i need to take any jabs? ive travelled round the Filis before and didnt notice any warnings of killer diseases (other than dengy fever in Siargo) - thanks!!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
20 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hiring boats, scooters and cars

Hi there,

Motorbike you could rent to drive it yourself but cars comes with drivers there.Yes i believe you need to show a driver's liscence when renting a vehicle. I don't know about motorbikes but cars usually cost about EUR 25 per day in the city but once you go out of the city they have a different rate. I could refer you a reliable car rental we always use when we go there if you want.

My husband and his family ( Dutch) has never taken any vaccination when they go there. It's your own choice! What you could do is bring some mosquito lotion or patch

england
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: hiring boats, scooters and cars

thanks jade, thats been really helpful. i think i'll risk it on the malaria meds and try and be sensible for once in my life. coming to palawan and area in 6 weeks and cant wait!!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
20 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hiring boats, scooters and cars

Okay, enjoy. We will be actually coming to Palawan in 6 weeks as well!

4. Re: hiring boats, scooters and cars

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 pm, September 12, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Princesa