We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visit to puerto princesa with a toddler

baguio
Level Contributor
6 posts
Save Topic
visit to puerto princesa with a toddler

hi! i'm a working mom and i have a two year old daughter, we will be going to puerto princesa this coming april, i just want to ask on what hotels are nice but affordable and what activities can a toddler enjoy in palawan? are there restrictions on toddlers going to underground river tour, etc....? we would really love that our daughter would enjoy this trip.

California
Level Contributor
76 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: visit to puerto princesa with a toddler

Hi! I just got back last week from a month long vacation to Puerto Princesa and it was great. I also took my 5 year old and he had such a great time that he did not want to come home. I don't think there are any restrictions, since when I went to underground I saw a family with a toddler also. As for hotels, well there are several nice ones like Asturias, Fleuris and Legend. I stayed for several days at Asturias and Fleuris and then I stayed for a week at Nikos Cabanas. I found Nikos much more affordable and nicer than the others. It is very clean and the staff are a pleasure. My son really enjoyed all the day trips we went on like, Bakers hill, Underground River, Island Hopping and going to the Sand Bar at Puerto Aventura. In fact at Nikos they were able to get me a nanny who went everywhere with us(additional cost) for my entire stay so that I could enjoy as well as my son being taken care of. It was the most memorable experience ever for both of us. Just do some research and you should be okay. We are planning our next vacation for next year and once again we are going to Palawan to see the other beautiful areas there.

Have Fun!

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: visit to puerto princesa with a toddler

Hello, I just got back from a palawan vacation last week. And need I say that I had a blast? Please surf Boris Travel and Tours, they can help you a lot with you concerns. They also have very reasonably priced tour packages that you may want to check out.

I hope you have a great vacation. :)

London
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: visit to puerto princesa with a toddler

Hi there

I am a filipina and doing all my tours for puerto princesa. Calling them and speaking directly to the hotel staff is better (if you have skype best to use it to save a bit of money on calls) . Anyway, most hotels in Puerto seem to be doing a package tour only which can be very very expensive(agents commission on top of course) So, best to check these hotels and phone them up to get a better understanding regarding prices. Your child would be free anyway. Here are some of the sites that I have looked at and spoke with them regarding prices http://www.royaloberoi.com/guestrooms.php,

legendvillas.com.ph/rooms/villa_suites.html, all round information http://www.puertoprincesa.com .

Underground river is very very fascinating and beautiful however this might not be good for your child. Also, I suggest that you book your own round trip ticket from Manila to Puerto and back. I have boked ours with Cebu Pacific Air which is 3,239pesos per person. SEAAIR is very very very expensive.

You will definitely enjoy the trip but the child is far too young to appeciate it. As long as the child has a toy and being entertained by then the child would be happy whilst you are enjoying your trip.

Have a safe trip..

Pinay

4. Re: visit to puerto princesa with a toddler

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:52 pm, April 01, 2007
5. Re: visit to puerto princesa with a toddler

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 am, August 29, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Princesa