We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

family vacation from PUerto princesa to El nido

San Pedro La...
3 posts
Save Topic
family vacation from PUerto princesa to El nido

I will be travelling with my 3 toddlers and an infant via van. is it safe to travel from puerto princesa going to elnido in the evening? what van is a lot safer to take ? tia

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
23,587 posts
1,671 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: family vacation from PUerto princesa to El nido

Daytripper gets great reports on the forum.

Tommo

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
1,945 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: family vacation from PUerto princesa to El nido

hi Tommo, Daytripper only has 1x10 seat mini bus and 1x 12 seat bus, each one travels in opposite directions daily, so one day it will be a 10 seater from PP, the next it will be the 12 seater etc etc etc.

from PP it picks up all passengers from hotels/airport and departs around 10am (5 to 6 hour trip)

from EN it departs their depot at Corong Corong at 9am (5 to 6 hour trip) and unfortunately because of new laws, no tourist transport vehicle is allowed to enter EN township to drop off passengers, so you will need a trike from their depot into town.

the only company that i currently know of that takes passengers from PP to EN and vice versa is RoRo bus, they have trips every 4 hours from each place starting at 4am right up till 10pm.

ironwulf.net/2013/…

you may be able to hire a private van or mini bus at night, but it is not cheap between PP and EN.

palawantravelandtours.com/van-rental-rates.h…

cheers.

Edited: 10:54 pm, February 25, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
23,587 posts
1,671 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: family vacation from PUerto princesa to El nido

That was just a generic statement for the OP to consider.

I used Roro but I would prefer daytime travel but thats not to say it isnt safe.

Tommo

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
17,518 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: family vacation from PUerto princesa to El nido

I also recommend Daytripper and you can charter it if you want a private transfer. I would also prefer travelling at daytime but if at night st least I know the drivers of Daytripper know the route very well.

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
1,945 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: family vacation from PUerto princesa to El nido

its a shame Daytripper takes so long to reply to emails, sometimes i am waiting over 24 hours, and given they only have 1 mini bus going each way every day, having to wait for a reply about something can mean getting or not getting a seat on one of their trips.

i have been waiting for over 24 hours now for 2 special pickup and drop off requests, and i did get a reply lat last night but it was only to inform me that they have read my requests but will get back to me soon :(

one is a drop off from EN to the san vicente junction on april 22, and the other is a pickup from the san vicente junction back to PP on april 27 after we leave the Island Camping Adventure beach.

i can book them online in their website, but if i do them as a request, they only charge me according to the distance we travel, so from EN to san vicente it may only be 300 or 400p, and the san vicente to PP will be 500 or 600p, where the regular cost from PP to EN is 800p.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: family vacation from PUerto princesa to El nido

Daytripper is a small setup with only a few staff.

Most probably these staff have to cover other duties.

Therefore be patient with them and since this is a custom request, please allow more time.

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
1,945 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: family vacation from PUerto princesa to El nido

@ mousehunt ..... hi, yes i understand they are small, and thats probably the best way to stay and another reason why they have such a good reputation and ongoing referral rate.

i didnt mean to sound like i was not happy with them, i was more making a point that they sometimes dont reply quickly so others are aware of it.

last night they did explain that they read my email but they we very busy and will reply soon, and they did apologize, so its all good, but all i have to do is keep looking in their schedule for the 2 days i need my trips on to see how many seats are left, because i need 3 seats, so if i see them getting down to around 5 seats, i will just book them, but not pay until they get back to me with the costs and a paypal payment form.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: family vacation from PUerto princesa to El nido

Glenn,

I hope everything will work out for you with Daytripper.

They are really a very nice bunch of people; from the staff in the office to the drivers.

Yeah, they are slow sometimes but better than some I encounter that my request goes into the black hole. :)

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
1,945 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: family vacation from PUerto princesa to El nido

yeah all my trips are booked now, just sorting out where they want us to wait for the pickup at san vicente to go back to PP on april 28th.

they can drop us off at the san vicente road junction when we catch the bus from EN, but the drivers prefer that pickup be made some other place near there, further up the highway.

Puerto Princesa
Level Contributor
74 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: family vacation from PUerto princesa to El nido

Daytripper

You should go to their facebook page and book on line. facebook.com/DaytripperPalawan

Click on the Widget "Book Now"

Then you will know if any seats available.

Otherwise you go to San Jose Terminal around 08:30 am & get the Cherry Bus aircon leaving at 09:00 am.

Better to travel day time! Do not expect fast rescue at night....

Joel of Balay Tuko