We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with El Nido hotel!

Hout Bay, South...
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Help with El Nido hotel!

I am trying to find a great place to stay in El Nido, but not really having any luck as there are so many options and I am sadly quite picky. I like a boutique lodge that is stylish and clean, but not at all 5 star. We would love to be at the beach, but it's not essential. We are looking for something that has a lovely warm ambience, authentic feel, beautiful rooms, a great lounge area and not extremely overpriced. We would prefer in the range of $50 - $150 per night for the lodge if possible. It would be great to be close enough to walk to our dive sites, but not in the middle of chaos with lots of people wandering past every minute.

Given that very hectic brief, does anyone have a brilliant suggestion or list of ideas for me???

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
23,220 posts
1,652 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with El Nido hotel!

<<close enough to walk to our dive sites>>

Im not a diver but Im doubting that any can be reached by foot....by boat yes!

Tommo

imus
Level Contributor
14 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with El Nido hotel!

There are lots of nice hotel along the beach in the town of El Nido.

May I know for how many days you will be staying there?

El Nido, Philippines
Level Contributor
86 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with El Nido hotel!

You might want to check out Ipil Travel Lodge if you want to be near everything.

Otherwise Cadlao Beach Resort is a nice place to stay, a 10 min. Walk away from town.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
23,220 posts
1,652 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with El Nido hotel!

I stayed the the Garnett Hotel. Offered great value and the rooms on the third floor have ocean views. Located 1 street back from the ocean.

Preferred it to very highly ranked Treetops for various reasons including location.

Tommo

Zurich, Switzerland
Level Contributor
72 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help with El Nido hotel!

Just got back from El Nido and stayed at Cadlao resorts.

Here is my review:

tripadvisor.com/…CHECK_RATES_CONT

It is in front of the shore so you can ride the banca (boat) in front of the resort, no need to go to town to catch a ride. Prices are more expensive than the other hotels (I think) but the rooms were nice clean, Filipino modern minimalist design.

6. Re: Help with El Nido hotel!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:35 pm, November 21, 2013
7. Re: Help with El Nido hotel!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, November 23, 2014