We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blog on The Twin Beaches of Nacpan and Calitang in El Nido!

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
23,233 posts
1,652 reviews
Save Topic
Blog on The Twin Beaches of Nacpan and Calitang in El Nido!

"How to get to Nacpan-Calitang Twin Beaches: Located in Barangay Bucana north of El Nido town proper, the twin beaches are 45 minutes away by van, even longer by tricycle. It is not included in the usual island-hopping tours, but most travel agencies and tour operators offer trips to this stunner."

thepoortraveler.net/2013/…

Tommo

Puerto Princesa...
Level Contributor
183 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blog on The Twin Beaches of Nacpan and Calitang in El Nido!

You can also rent motorbikes and ride there. We did.

El Nido, Philippines
Level Contributor
86 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Blog on The Twin Beaches of Nacpan and Calitang in El Nido!

Nacpan is a very nice long beach, but beware of the strong currents that may pull you in. Several cases had been reported already and it's advisable not to swim at times. Dangerous currents!

Taguig
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Blog on The Twin Beaches of Nacpan and Calitang in El Nido!

Do they allow camping here? I'm going to el nido in a few weeks and i'm planning to camp out alone overnight.

El Nido, Philippines
Level Contributor
86 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Blog on The Twin Beaches of Nacpan and Calitang in El Nido!

If you do camp there, do it far enough from the village. It might not be completely safe to do so. And you must consider that this beach has Nik-Niks, which are tiny sand flies. So many people have allergies that can cause the bites to get infected. Therefore I recommend rather a beach on a island, for your safety as well.

Taguig
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Blog on The Twin Beaches of Nacpan and Calitang in El Nido!

Thanks Pawikan66! Yeah i'm also considering Ipil beach but someone warned me about 3ft monkeys! :( How about Cadlao lagoon? or corong corong? thanks!

El Nido, Philippines
Level Contributor
86 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Blog on The Twin Beaches of Nacpan and Calitang in El Nido!

I think the monkeys will nit attack you. They are afraid of people. Cadlao Lagoon is a tiny beach and in low tide hard to get in and out.

Helicopter Island is nice or Inabuyutan Island is also good.

7. Re: Blog on The Twin Beaches of Nacpan and Calitang in El Nido!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, September 19, 2014