We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rainy May weather for island hopping tours

Boston...
Level Contributor
137 posts
141 reviews
Save Topic
Rainy May weather for island hopping tours

So my trip is coming up in a week (yay!) and I'm starting to look at the weather forecasts. I see it's quite rainy already, but I assume it's the usual tropical rain (short bursts). How will that affect taking tours? I was planning on doing A and C. Do the tours still run and are still worth it, or should I look into a backup activity?

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,730 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rainy May weather for island hopping tours

Firstly, which part of Philippines will you be going?

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
17,191 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rainy May weather for island hopping tours

Weather forecasts will be what the worst that can happen in a given day. It could rain for 1 hour or even 2 in a day but that is very common in any tropical country like the Philippines. I don't think island hopping activities could be affected by tropical rains.

Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
2,520 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rainy May weather for island hopping tours

I'm presuming the OP is talking about the El Nido tours. Weather is unpredictable, it could be rain all day or short bursts you encounter, most likely it will be sun, clouds and short bursts of rain. Luckily when we were in El Nido the weather was nice for the tours, friends who have also been have said that if the day starts rainy, usually the tours are cancelled for the day as sometimes the sea can get rough when it rains as the winds pick up. If it rains during the tour, it's not going to really matter as you are already wet from the snorkelling!

I don't think you need to worry too much about having back up activities planned, just play it by ear when you are there.

Edited: 2:21 am, May 11, 2013
Quezon City, Quezon...
Level Contributor
2 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rainy May weather for island hopping tours

Was just there last week. Thursday was overcast and it drizzled all day, the island hopping tours continued though. From our rooms' balcony, we saw the boats leaving, for me a rainy El Nido is pretty depressing to island hop in, but from the looks of it as long as the seas are calm, the tours continue.

5. Re: Rainy May weather for island hopping tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, June 04, 2014