We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Nido town, Corong Corong or Caalan Beach?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
65 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
El Nido town, Corong Corong or Caalan Beach?

Hi guys

I've been reading lots of reviews and forum questions and apologise if this has been asked and answered ... but what do you reckon is the best area to stay at in El Nido? Planning to spend most days diving and island hopping rather than lazing in a hammock. Corong Corong sounds nice but does it become a hassle having to get in and out of town for dinner ... I'm reading island hopping trips can pick up from there, is that right? Thanks!!

Sunnyvale...
Level Contributor
27 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: El Nido town, Corong Corong or Caalan Beach?

I stayed at the Garnet Hotel. Its mid range ($60-70 a night) very clean, great A/C, they have their own generator so when the power (and A/C) goes out at 6am you still have enough power in the room for lights and the big room fan. Its centrally located around all the restaurants and bars.

If you stay outside of the town proper, bring your own flashlights.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
65 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: El Nido town, Corong Corong or Caalan Beach?

Thanks for the recommendation. I've been looking into Corong Corong and reading up on Treetops and Greenview. I've read that you can get boats from this area for island hopping, can anyone tell me if this is just for private charter or for the regular tour prices? Thoughts on those properties or about the areas? Thanks!

3. Re: El Nido town, Corong Corong or Caalan Beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, April 25, 2014