We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap accommodation: Bulskamp Inn or The Alternative Inn?

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Cheap accommodation: Bulskamp Inn or The Alternative Inn?

I am looking for cheap place to stay in El Nido (Peso1000/night). Bulskamp Inn and The Alternative seem to be fine. Bulskhamp Inn is not located in the main road while The Alternative (is it in the main town?) is beach front inn. However, The Alternative receives some controversial reviews. Wondering where should I stay? Thanks for your advice.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
23,620 posts
1,675 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap accommodation: Bulskamp Inn or The Alternative Inn?

It seems you have already answered your own question.

Both have good reviews. I wouldnt say Alternative has contraversial reviews... perhaps 1 or 2 that arent that good. Alternative is in a great location on the beach with a good restaurant and these funky pods hanging over the ocean with great views. Great place to enjoy a drink, have a meal or read a book.

Not familiar with the area around Bulskamp Inn but seems to get better reviews. Currently ranked no 1 B&B and Inns El Nido.

Tommo

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,027 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap accommodation: Bulskamp Inn or The Alternative Inn?

Bullskamp is often full during peak season.

On the same road about 50m further from the beach is Marikit Pension, rooms from 800php, check reviews, is a very good budget option with very welcoming and attentive owners

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheap accommodation: Bulskamp Inn or The Alternative Inn?

Thanks for your information. The Alternative is fully booked but I managed to book with Bulskamp Inn. Hopefully the weather is still good in early May.

4. Re: Cheap accommodation: Bulskamp Inn or The Alternative Inn?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 21, 2014