We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Finally made it to El Nido...and back.

Which El Nido hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Makati, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
2,386 posts
427 reviews
Save Topic
Finally made it to El Nido...and back.

Just got back from El Nido. The trip didn't exactly turn out as expected...thanks a lot to the weather! It was continuously pouring during the second half of the trip. It nevertheless turned out to be quite an unforgettable adventure. Enough reason for me to return to this amazing place for some unfinished business. Here's why...

www.youtube.com/watch…

Reviews coming up soon.

Makati, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
2,386 posts
427 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Finally made it to El Nido...and back.

@epic...in response to your queries, I travelled to El Nido with a couple of friends. Even if you travel alone, it's very easy to meet other travelers in El Nido. That's only if you're up to it. I booked my van transfer through my hotel and was charged P700 per way. You can get it cheaper for P500-P600 though if you book directly with the van company. We used Eulen Joy Shuttle. Good thing I used a dry bag to store all my stuff and secured it to the seat of the boat so everything was saved and kept dry. Well almost, I lost my flip flops :-(. The cheapest room t my hotel is P1,800/night for a standard room. They'll be increasing their rates this April just in case.

Edited: 7:40 am, March 10, 2012
Palawan Island...
Level Contributor
71 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Finally made it to El Nido...and back.

El nido is really great. . For information, there is a bus (rorobus) travelling from PP to el nido. Its so convenient and comfortable. . Their last trip is i think 4pm from puerto. I can not wait to go back to el nido this summer. . . Wohoo! I cant wait to see el nido.

Manila
Level Contributor
180 posts
1 review
Save Reply
23. Re: Finally made it to El Nido...and back.

Thanks a lot for the reply Bryant, Yes am going solo this june and needs this info you mentioned in going there... I think i need to research more on this and the island hopping tour i will be doing...hope can meet somebody that i can join in their island hopping tour...

BTW, where can i buy that dry bag you have here in the metro? and how much and size youhave? thanks

epic

Edited: 9:18 pm, March 10, 2012
Makati, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
2,386 posts
427 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Finally made it to El Nido...and back.

Sounds great! You can get more information on van transfers here:

elnidoboutiqueandartcafe.com/TravelCenter.ht…

lakas.com.ph/2012/…more-4586

The last blog contains a lot of information that might be of benefit to you in doing your research. Don't worry about meeting other travelers. You're sure to meet a lot in town and some when you join any of the tours. A lot of travelers in El Nido came with the same thing in mind. If you're likewise up for some adventure, I highly recommend renting a kayak and explore nearby Cadlao island and it's empty beaches and coves.

I got my dry bag at SM. There are various sizes available costing not more than P700. I got a medium one for less than P500. It's much cheaper than the branded ones that run into the thousands i.e. Rubber Ducky, Body Glove, etc. but it was able to serve it's purpose very well. El Nido Art Cafe also sells them for just little more.

Manila
Level Contributor
180 posts
1 review
Save Reply
25. Re: Finally made it to El Nido...and back.

Thanks again bryant...

the lakas blog is almost complete even the budget info was there, very nice...

Raring to go soon....

regards,

epic

Makati, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
2,386 posts
427 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Finally made it to El Nido...and back.

You're welcome epic and have a great trip to El Nido! I'm quite certain you will ;-)

27. Re: Finally made it to El Nido...and back.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:32 am, May 29, 2013